Sep 25, 2012, 7:05 PM EST
The Panthers RFA is headed for Lokomotiv.
Sep 20, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
Blue Jackets forward rejoins the Russian club of his youth.
Sep 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
Expect more names to follow in short order.
Jul 22, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Mark Flood will join Lokomotiv.
Jul 11, 2012, 10:25 AM EST
The Dion Phaneuf trade looks worse and worse by the day.
Jan 31, 2012, 10:09 PM EST
A classy gesture from the Flames.
Dec 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Terry Murray talks about the culture of hitting in the NHL, the Jets fly high and it’s never too early for Hart Trophy discussions in Saturday’s Morning Skate.
Nov 2, 2011, 7:58 AM EST
Authorities have figured out why Yaroslavl Lokomotiv’s plane went down in Russia is due to pilot error.
Oct 4, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
The Capitals and Penguins will join forces to help families affected by the Lokomotiv tragedy during their Oct. 13 game in Pittsburgh.
Sep 26, 2011, 7:34 PM EST
The Wild will wear a “24/38″ helmet sticker in memory of Pavol Demitra and Derek Boogaard, while the team signed Derek’s brother Aaron to a a two-way deal.
Sep 17, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
Blues forward Philip McCrae will switch from number 38 next season in honor of former St. Louis players Pavol Demitra and Igor Korolev. Meanwhile, Semyon Varlamov, Paul Stastny and Milan Hejduk reflect on the losses.
Sep 17, 2011, 10:51 AM EST
On the same day that the team will travel to mourn fallen former assistant coach Bruce McCrimmon, the Red Wings announced that Pavel Datsyuk will switch to number 24 for training camp and the preseason to honor Ruslan Salei.
Sep 14, 2011, 11:59 PM EST
Pierre McGuire sits down with Russ Thaler on NBC Sports Talk to discuss what the long term effects of the tragedy in Russia could be for the hockey world.
Sep 12, 2011, 4:08 PM EST
A rebuilt Lokomotiv team might play in the Major Hockey League in December, which is a second-tier Russian league. Meanwhile, the Czech hockey league will postpone its opening day to accommodate Jan Marek’s funeral.
Sep 12, 2011, 4:25 AM EST
Sad news out of Moscow: Alexander Galimov died during surgery today. He was the only player who initially survived the terrible Lokomotiv Yaroslavl crash on Sept. 7. Galimov was 26 years old.
Sep 10, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Thousands came to Yaroslavl arena for a ceremony that honored the members of Lokomotiv, while significant Russian hockey figures paid their respects.
Sep 10, 2011, 3:55 AM EST
As Yaroslavl and the hockey world try to make sense of this tragedy, Lokomotiv management has announced that they will not play in the KHL this season.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:42 PM EST
As the KHL tries to figure out where to go from here, the league’s vice-president thinks it’s in the best interests of the fans and people of Yaroslavl to put a team together as soon as possible.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
People always wonder about the “what ifs” in life. Detroit goaltender Joey MacDonald revealed that he was close to signing with Yaroslavl this offseason before the Red Wings offered a one-way contract. What if…
Sep 8, 2011, 4:09 PM EST
KHL vice president Ilya Kochevrin spoke with Puck Daddy’s Dmitri Chesnokov today, providing more details about how the league plans to help Lokomotiv rebuild and how the KHL will attempt to move on from Wednesday’s tragic events.
Sep 8, 2011, 11:04 AM EST
The KHL will put its games on hold for five days to deal with the ramifications of the awful Lokomotiv crash, with play resuming on Monday, September 12. The league also will call upon its other teams to help rebuild Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.
Sep 7, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
PHT looks back at the careers and lasting impacts left behind by the victims of the Yaroslavl Lokomotive crash.
Sep 7, 2011, 5:10 PM EST
Are you wondering how the league would handle a situation like the KHL is going through with Lokomotiv Yaroslav? Read about the NHL’s “Emergency Rehabilitation Plan” in this post.
Sep 7, 2011, 4:17 PM EST
After an unbelievably horrible year, hockey fans and players will grow stronger after so much tragedy and use the game to help start the healing process.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 66
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 93
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (93)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)