Jan 10, 2012, 7:45 AM EST
The Wild need a win badly at home to stop their slide, but the Sharks are red hot.
Jan 3, 2012, 7:05 AM EST
The happy love-in in Winnipeg finally has some drama. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 1, 2012, 8:25 AM EST
With Weber out of the lineup, people will get an opportunity to see just how good Ryan Suter is at hockey. That story and so much more the first Morning Skate of the year.
Dec 15, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
This might say more about Canadian sports personalities than anything else.
Dec 14, 2011, 1:27 AM EST
Check out this post for Logan Couture’s jaw-dropping assist, if nothing else.
Dec 13, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
With the Sharks headed to Denver to take on the Avs, both teams have losing streaks they’d like to put an end to.
Nov 8, 2011, 6:25 PM EST
It’s not Tim Thomas’s job to pump a player’s tires, so we’ll do it instead.
Oct 31, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
The Rangers are reeling and the Sharks are looking awfully good. Sounds like a recipe for disaster at Madison Square Garden.
Oct 3, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
Once again, the Sharks will battle among the league’s elite as they try to take the next step in their development. Back-to-back appearances in the Western Conference final have set the bar fairly high in the Bay Area; and they have a team that has the chance to fulfill the lofty expectations.
Sep 30, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
November and December should be kind to the Sharks this season. They better be, because February is going to be tough.
Sep 23, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
Here’s a collection of reactions from NHL players, analysts, writers and fans regarding the ugly racist incident Wayne Simmonds dealt with last night.
Sep 6, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Kyle Turris is still unsigned by the Phoenix Coyotes and the restricted free agent is apparently looking to get paid. Big time. Actual demand or sneaky way of trying to get moved? You make the call.
Aug 26, 2011, 2:38 PM EST
Logan Couture’s new contract extension with the Sharks is a touch of brilliance from Sharks GM Doug Wilson.
Aug 25, 2011, 11:59 PM EST
The Sharks and Logan Couture have agreed on a two-year contract extension that will keep Calder Trophy runner-up in San Jose until the end of the 2013-14 season.
Jul 9, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
With the moves the Sharks have made to shake things up, everyone’s getting a little dreamy about just how coach Todd McLellan will set up his lines.
Jun 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Jeff Skinner’s killer first NHL season is capped off by a spot on the NHL’s All-Rookie Team. His fellow Calder Trophy nominees also joined him in the honors.
Jun 22, 2011, 8:24 PM EST
Jeff Skinner was a boy amongst men playing like Superman and took home the Calder Trophy as the league’s rookie of the year.
Jun 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The PHT staff makes the cases for Logan Couture, Jeff Skinner, and Michael Grabner for the 2011 Calder Trophy.
May 25, 2011, 6:13 PM EST
Another year and another loss in the Western Conference finals for the Sharks. What went wrong? You mean stuff other than the Sedins, right? There’s a couple things.
May 24, 2011, 5:23 PM EST
Even with Joe Thornton in the lineup for Game 5, it’s clear that other Sharks players must step up to keep their hopes alive.
May 23, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Five thoughts today looks through the job the Sedins are doing to take advantage of a weaker defense while we wonder aloud about where in the world has Dany Heatley been.
May 21, 2011, 1:53 AM EST
The Sharks fought back and held on late to take Game 3 over Vancouver to get back into the Western Conference finals.
May 19, 2011, 1:04 AM EST
Vancouver dominated in Game 2 earning a 7-3 win over a Sharks team that looked slow, frustrated, and dumb all at once.
May 13, 2011, 1:45 AM EST
Now that we’re down to the Conference finals in the East and West, we want to know… Who do you have winning it all now?
May 13, 2011, 1:21 AM EST
A classic series ends in a classic Game 7 that sees the Sharks hang on to beat the Red Wings and move on to the Western Conference finals.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)