Apr 15, 2011, 2:50 AM EDT
Remember when Joe Pavelski was the clutchest Shark of them all in last year’s playoffs? He’s back at it again winning tonight’s Game 1 over L.A. in overtime 3-2.
Apr 11, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
It’s a battle of California in the playoffs for the first time and unfortunately, both teams are going in different directions. We pick on the Kings and Sharks as PHT Predicts this series.
Apr 5, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
To some, the Sharks will always be a playoff disappointment. This post details why this year’s team might have a chance to silence their critics.
Mar 23, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
The streaking Sharks get some more ammunition in their quest to win the Pacific Division as they get rookie of the year candidate Logan Couture back in the lineup tonight.
Mar 21, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Logan Couture wasn’t able to practice for the Sharks on Monday, but might still be able to play against the Sharks on Wednesday. Either way, San Jose must be happy that his injury doesn’t appear too serious.
Mar 20, 2011, 12:09 AM EDT
The Sharks currently lead their game against the Blues, but they might experience a big loss if Logan Couture’s leg injury is serious.
Mar 14, 2011, 11:28 PM EDT
The Blackhawks won their fifth home game in a row by beating the Sharks 6-3 thanks to their marquee players including Patrick Sharp, who assisted on four goals in the second period.
Feb 9, 2011, 12:06 AM EDT
Guess who’s back in the West? The apparent demise of the San Jose Sharks was greatly overstated as their 2-0 win vaulted them into fourth place in the West. Meanwhile, the Capitals offense pulls out another goose egg.
Feb 5, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Three afternoon games bring out three shutouts courtesy of the Sharks, Canadiens, and Ducks.
Jan 12, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
This won’t make Sharks fans happy, but word is that the league won’t discipline Leafs enforcer Colton Orr for his knee-to-knee hit on Logan Couture.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:53 AM EDT
It’s unclear if the injury is severe, but a knee-to-knee hit knocked Sharks rookie Logan Couture out of tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
Jan 5, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
Logan Couture lead all rookies in scoring in the month of December, earning the rookie of the month. Could the Calder Trophy be in his future, too?
Dec 8, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers were a tenth of a second away from winning in overtime against the San Jose Sharks, who ended up besting the Broad Street Bullies in the shootout.
Dec 6, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Here are summaries of the other four games of tonight, chock full of come-from-behind victories.
Dec 2, 2010, 10:55 PM EDT
Dany Heatley and the San Jose Sharks dominated the Ottawa Senators on an emotional night.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 23
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)