Jun 14, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Neither teams have been to a Game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals with their main core groups (if ever), but they’ve already played in a Game 7 or two in this year’s playoffs. Let’s look back at how they played in those games.
May 28, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Dwayne Roloson did end up with the win in Game 7 last night, but he frequently stole the show by making 37 saves.
May 28, 2011, 3:07 AM EDT
Zdeno Chara didn’t touch the Prince of Wales trophy, but he did put his own spin on the ceremony.
May 27, 2011, 11:35 PM EDT
Dwayne Roloson nearly stole the game with his 37-save performance, but Nathan Horton’s goal was all Tim Thomas and the Bruins needed to win 1-0. This catapults Boston into its first Stanley Cup finals appearance since 1990.
May 27, 2011, 9:59 PM EDT
If you ever wondered if Lightning star Steven Stamkos is tough, let this video and post squash any of your doubts.
May 26, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Whether it’s the Boston Bruins or Tampa Bay Lightning against the Vancouver Canucks, find out the NBC/Versus schedule for the 2011 Stanley Cup finals in this post.
May 26, 2011, 12:24 AM EDT
Which team will face the Vancouver Canucks in the Stanley Cup finals by winning Game 7: the Tampa Bay Lightning or Boston Bruins? Let us know by voting in the poll.
May 25, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
Both teams’ top players showed up in Game 6, but the Lightning were just a little bit better. Learn how they pushed the Bruins to another Game 7 by reading this recap.
May 25, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara’s career had been full of highs and lows, with his days as a member of the Bruins being no exception.
May 24, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Despite dealing with concussion issues, Patrice Bergeron and Simon Gagne have been among the best players for their respective teams.
May 24, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Guy Boucher has a tough choice to make in Game 6. Will he go back to Dwayne Roloson or stick with Mike Smith? This post breaks down the pros and cons of going in both directions.
May 23, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s been a tough road since Vincent Lecavalier won a Stanley Cup with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Perhaps those low moments make this year’s run that much sweeter, though.
May 21, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Many people will fixate on the Bruins giving up a 3-0 lead in their Game 4 loss, but maybe the Lightning were just so good the deficit didn’t matter.
May 21, 2011, 6:44 PM EDT
Check out Net Cam and Star Cam footage from Game 4 between the Bruins and Lightning.
May 21, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
A lot of people counted Tim Thomas out this season after an off-year in 2009-10. Anyone who followed his career knows that Thomas won’t just give up, though.
May 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
This video covers the ups and downs of Steven Stamkos’ first three years in the NHL.
May 19, 2011, 11:30 PM EDT
David Krejci scored about a minute into the game and that’s all the Bruins would need as Tim Thomas earned a 31-save shutout. Boston cruised to a 2-0 win and 2-1 series lead in Game 3.
May 18, 2011, 1:17 AM EDT
The Bruins and Lightning can take away some good things from their first two games, but both teams have a lot to work on going into Game 3.
May 18, 2011, 12:35 AM EDT
This post includes more perspective on Tyler Seguin’s special night, including his own feedback, highlights and where his game fits in playoff history.
May 17, 2011, 11:49 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin took over in the second and the Bruins held on in the third to win 6-5 to earn a 1-1 series tie with the Lightning in Game 2.
May 17, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
Tonight hasn’t been especially good to Roloson and the Lightning, but this Versus video discusses what still must be considered an outstanding run.
May 17, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
Patrice Bergeron won’t suit up for the Boston Bruins in Game 2, which probably shouldn’t be a huge surprise.
May 16, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones break down Game 2 between the Lightning and Bruins.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)