Jul 6, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Matthew Barnaby will need to serve 500 hours of community service to drop charges related to domestic incident in May.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:01 PM EDT
You’d think that Christian Ehrhoff or Brad Richards’ big, front-loaded deals would be the most obvious violations of the NHL’s CBA this summer. Instead it’s the Flyers’ relatively modest five-year, $9 million deal with Max Talbot that might be voided.
Jul 2, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
The NHL probably won’t contest Brad Richards’ new contract with the Rangers, but in a way, it pretty much perpetuates the same cap-circumventing loophole work that made the league come down hard on the Devils’ first contract with Ilya Kovalchuk. This post compares those deals to show that the Richards deal should get through, but carries the same spirit.
Jun 30, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Ryan O’Bryne might be known to many as a purse-snatcher, but his wallet will be pretty fat after signing a two-year, $3.6 million deal with the Avalanche.
Jun 28, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Montreal police want to speak with Zdeno Chara about his controversial hit on Max Pacioretty.
Jun 6, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
Molson Coors and the NHL plan to appeal the decision to uphold Labatt’s/Anheuser-Busch’s lawsuit regarding their exclusive beer deal.
Jun 3, 2011, 11:42 PM EDT
Labatt’s contested the NHL’s “monster deal” with Molson Coors and won in court today.
Jun 3, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
The Associated Press reports that Matthew Barnaby was served with two protective orders* following an alleged incident between Barnaby and his ex-wife and her boyfriend on May 13. Those two orders prohibit Barnaby from “making offensive contact” with Barnaby’s ex-wife or her boyfriend. The former NHL player and current ESPN/TSN analyst pleaded not guilty to…
May 19, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
It’s unclear what did (or did not) happen between Nikolay Zherdev and his wife today, but the Flyers admitted they’re aware of the conflicting reports. There does seem to be one consensus among most people, though: Zherdev’s NHL future is in serious doubt.
May 14, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
Matthew Barnaby pleaded not guilty to five charges, including a felony criminal mischief charge that could carry a prison sentence of up to four years if convicted.
May 13, 2011, 11:44 PM EDT
Former NHL player and current TV analyst Matthew Barnaby was arraigned on domestic violence charges from an incident that took place tonight.
Apr 15, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
Vincent Damphousse responded to charges of domestic abuse, saying that he was the victim rather than the perpetrator.
Jan 29, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
“Multiple witnesses” claim that Mike Komisarek did not, in fact, punch a woman at a bar in a nightclub incident. Click “Read More” for the cloudy details.
Oct 15, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
Former Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington has been dealing with some legal issues lately, as the man many people blame for The Wayne Gretzky Trade pleaded guilty for perjury charges in a bankruptcy case. Pocklington was supposed to find out what kind of sentence he will face – he’s hoping to avoid jail time in…
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 3
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 13
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 16
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)