Jul 6, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
Matthew Barnaby will need to serve 500 hours of community service to drop charges related to domestic incident in May.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:01 PM EST
You’d think that Christian Ehrhoff or Brad Richards’ big, front-loaded deals would be the most obvious violations of the NHL’s CBA this summer. Instead it’s the Flyers’ relatively modest five-year, $9 million deal with Max Talbot that might be voided.
Jul 2, 2011, 5:56 PM EST
The NHL probably won’t contest Brad Richards’ new contract with the Rangers, but in a way, it pretty much perpetuates the same cap-circumventing loophole work that made the league come down hard on the Devils’ first contract with Ilya Kovalchuk. This post compares those deals to show that the Richards deal should get through, but carries the same spirit.
Jun 30, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
Ryan O’Bryne might be known to many as a purse-snatcher, but his wallet will be pretty fat after signing a two-year, $3.6 million deal with the Avalanche.
Jun 28, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
Montreal police want to speak with Zdeno Chara about his controversial hit on Max Pacioretty.
Jun 6, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
Molson Coors and the NHL plan to appeal the decision to uphold Labatt’s/Anheuser-Busch’s lawsuit regarding their exclusive beer deal.
Jun 3, 2011, 11:42 PM EST
Labatt’s contested the NHL’s “monster deal” with Molson Coors and won in court today.
Jun 3, 2011, 7:26 PM EST
The Associated Press reports that Matthew Barnaby was served with two protective orders* following an alleged incident between Barnaby and his ex-wife and her boyfriend on May 13. Those two orders prohibit Barnaby from “making offensive contact” with Barnaby’s ex-wife or her boyfriend. The former NHL player and current ESPN/TSN analyst pleaded not guilty to…
May 19, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
It’s unclear what did (or did not) happen between Nikolay Zherdev and his wife today, but the Flyers admitted they’re aware of the conflicting reports. There does seem to be one consensus among most people, though: Zherdev’s NHL future is in serious doubt.
May 14, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
Matthew Barnaby pleaded not guilty to five charges, including a felony criminal mischief charge that could carry a prison sentence of up to four years if convicted.
May 13, 2011, 11:44 PM EST
Former NHL player and current TV analyst Matthew Barnaby was arraigned on domestic violence charges from an incident that took place tonight.
Apr 15, 2011, 7:50 PM EST
Vincent Damphousse responded to charges of domestic abuse, saying that he was the victim rather than the perpetrator.
Jan 29, 2011, 6:55 PM EST
“Multiple witnesses” claim that Mike Komisarek did not, in fact, punch a woman at a bar in a nightclub incident. Click “Read More” for the cloudy details.
Oct 15, 2010, 10:49 AM EST
Former Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington has been dealing with some legal issues lately, as the man many people blame for The Wayne Gretzky Trade pleaded guilty for perjury charges in a bankruptcy case. Pocklington was supposed to find out what kind of sentence he will face – he’s hoping to avoid jail time in…
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)