Mar 17, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
Too bad “Aquilini” doesn’t lend itself to legal puns like “McCourt.”
Feb 22, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
The disgraced former coach apologizes to the hockey community during sentencing hearing.
Feb 20, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
Graham James will find out if he’ll face any more jail time.
Feb 10, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
Initial reports indicate that he committed suicide.
Jan 31, 2012, 12:07 AM EDT
The concussion-related headaches keep piling up – even the metaphorical ones.
Jan 13, 2012, 12:46 AM EDT
Philadelphia Police might know who started that ugly fight.
Jan 5, 2012, 12:44 AM EDT
Warning: the video in this post is tough to watch.
Jan 3, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
Officials snatched 1,649 counterfeit items.
Dec 15, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
Former players would face big obstacles in a concussion-related legal battle.
Dec 13, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
Matthew Barnaby still could face deportation, though.
Sep 28, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
A 26 year old man has been charged with throwing a banana peel at Wayne Simmonds. If convicted, he could face a maximum fine of $2,000.
Sep 21, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
After observing Dustin Byfuglien’s symptoms after an arrest, a Minnesota police drug recognition expert believed that the Jets defenseman was “high on drugs.”
Sep 19, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Mike Danton became an unlikely hero as he helped save a Swedish league teammate Marcus Bengtsson, who went into a seizure after suffering a late hit.
Sep 10, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
As Dustin Byfuglien continues to wonder if he’ll receive charges for BWI or something related to a recent incident, the Jets seem to have very little interest in trading the hybrid defenseman.
Sep 7, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
Police questioned Milan Lucic after he got into a screaming match with his girlfriend on Tuesday, but no charges were filed and there were no signs of physical harm.
Sep 2, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
As Dustin Byfuglien awaits word on whether he’ll actually be charged with a BWI, a report indicates that the American-born player might have some trouble getting in and around Canada because of his legal issues.
Aug 24, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
Michael Ryder’s brother Daniel was cleared of charges related to an attempted robbery of a convenience store.
Aug 14, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Nikolai Khabibulin was released from “Tent City” just after midnight on Saturday.
Aug 6, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
Sean Avery says he thinks that his legal issues “will all work out at some point,” but the question is: will his NHL career?
Jul 28, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Mike Danton announced that he’ll play in Sweden next season, continuing his unlikely journey from a lengthy prison sentence.
Jul 25, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
Aaron Boogaard fulfilled the first part of his obligations stemming from last week’s charges related to his involvement in his brother Derek Boogaard’s prescription drug-related death by appearing in Minneapolis court today. Aaron didn’t enter a plea during that first Monday court date, according to the Associated Press. Aaron Boogaard is accused of providing the…
Jul 22, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
Friday brought more sad news for the Boogaard family as Aaron received two serious drug-related charges related to the death of Derek Boogaard. Click “Read More” for the details.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The Canadiens got some tax breaks for the Bell Centre while the Oilers might not get much governmental help as they try to build a new arena.
Jul 12, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
The Ontario Court of Appeals sided with Molson-Coors and the NHL, bringing their “monster” 375 million+ deal back to life.
Jul 11, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
Brett Sutter pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct charges related to an incident in which he allegedly punched a cab driver. It looks like the two parties can move on from that incident while the rest of us enjoy Sutter’s wonderful mustachioed mugshot.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)