Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have a slew of young forwards ready to make their impression on the NHL. But if the team wants to have any success in the standings, they’ll need to grow as professionals and as a team. That’s where captain Shawn Horcoff comes in.
Sep 11, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Capitals rookie camp had a surprise appearance on the ice from team captain Alex Ovechkin. So much for thinking that he’s not doing all the right things as a captain.
Sep 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With the additions of former captains Mike Richards, Ethan Moreau, and alternate captain Simon Gagne, the Los Angeles Kings will have plenty of leadership in their locker room next season.
Aug 10, 2011, 6:20 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau expects that Alex Ovechkin will become an even better team leader this season. Good thing too since he’s the team captain.
May 30, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
More and more, Boston’s captain Zdeno Chara is embracing the emotional side of his leadership role, according to CSN’s Joe Haggerty.
Mar 12, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Many have wondered aloud about Alex Ovechkin’s ability to lead a team. What he’s doing this year with the Caps is proving those doubters to be foolish.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 23
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)