Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have a slew of young forwards ready to make their impression on the NHL. But if the team wants to have any success in the standings, they’ll need to grow as professionals and as a team. That’s where captain Shawn Horcoff comes in.
Sep 11, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Capitals rookie camp had a surprise appearance on the ice from team captain Alex Ovechkin. So much for thinking that he’s not doing all the right things as a captain.
Sep 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With the additions of former captains Mike Richards, Ethan Moreau, and alternate captain Simon Gagne, the Los Angeles Kings will have plenty of leadership in their locker room next season.
Aug 10, 2011, 6:20 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau expects that Alex Ovechkin will become an even better team leader this season. Good thing too since he’s the team captain.
May 30, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
More and more, Boston’s captain Zdeno Chara is embracing the emotional side of his leadership role, according to CSN’s Joe Haggerty.
Mar 12, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Many have wondered aloud about Alex Ovechkin’s ability to lead a team. What he’s doing this year with the Caps is proving those doubters to be foolish.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 8
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)