Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have a slew of young forwards ready to make their impression on the NHL. But if the team wants to have any success in the standings, they’ll need to grow as professionals and as a team. That’s where captain Shawn Horcoff comes in.
Sep 11, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Capitals rookie camp had a surprise appearance on the ice from team captain Alex Ovechkin. So much for thinking that he’s not doing all the right things as a captain.
Sep 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With the additions of former captains Mike Richards, Ethan Moreau, and alternate captain Simon Gagne, the Los Angeles Kings will have plenty of leadership in their locker room next season.
Aug 10, 2011, 6:20 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau expects that Alex Ovechkin will become an even better team leader this season. Good thing too since he’s the team captain.
May 30, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
More and more, Boston’s captain Zdeno Chara is embracing the emotional side of his leadership role, according to CSN’s Joe Haggerty.
Mar 12, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Many have wondered aloud about Alex Ovechkin’s ability to lead a team. What he’s doing this year with the Caps is proving those doubters to be foolish.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)