Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have a slew of young forwards ready to make their impression on the NHL. But if the team wants to have any success in the standings, they’ll need to grow as professionals and as a team. That’s where captain Shawn Horcoff comes in.
Sep 11, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Capitals rookie camp had a surprise appearance on the ice from team captain Alex Ovechkin. So much for thinking that he’s not doing all the right things as a captain.
Sep 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With the additions of former captains Mike Richards, Ethan Moreau, and alternate captain Simon Gagne, the Los Angeles Kings will have plenty of leadership in their locker room next season.
Aug 10, 2011, 6:20 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau expects that Alex Ovechkin will become an even better team leader this season. Good thing too since he’s the team captain.
May 30, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
More and more, Boston’s captain Zdeno Chara is embracing the emotional side of his leadership role, according to CSN’s Joe Haggerty.
Mar 12, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Many have wondered aloud about Alex Ovechkin’s ability to lead a team. What he’s doing this year with the Caps is proving those doubters to be foolish.
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 1
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 10
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)