Apr 28, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT
Safe to say he won’t be back in Edmonton.
Apr 2, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
“It would even be nice to add for once.”
Apr 1, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
27-year-old came to Edmonton as part of the Chris Pronger trade.
Mar 31, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
They’re discussing a four-year, $16 million extension, according to the Edmonton Sun’s Derek Van Diest.
Mar 26, 2013, 2:39 AM EDT
No country song but it’s a sad state in Edmonton right now.
Dec 19, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Here’s a pic of Smid trying to fight Sean Avery.
Nov 26, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
Flyers forward maintains he departed for family reasons.
Nov 15, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
He’s set to join Pirati Chomutov, a club in the news for all the wrong reasons.
Nov 13, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
He was there, then he left, now he’s back again.
Oct 22, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
So long, Crimmitschau Ice Pirates.
Sep 21, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
HC Kladno will be one to watch during the lockout. Assuming you can watch Czech League games.
Jul 16, 2012, 12:13 PM EDT
Edmonton adds another piece to its crowded blueline.
Feb 22, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
No. 68 came close to wearing the Copper and Blue.
Feb 8, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
Edmonton bench boss took a puck to the head on Monday.
Feb 6, 2012, 5:50 PM EDT
Rough day for bench bosses.
Jan 5, 2012, 7:21 AM EDT
It wasn’t just hats that hit the ice in Montreal last night, there was something a bit more… personal as well. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 5, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
Bad blood boils over from Chicago’s 5-2 win Saturday night.
Nov 30, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Deal netted them Jordan Eberle, among others.
Nov 29, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Top six of Crosby, Getzlaf, Perry, Richards, Carter and Bergeron. Not bad.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
A tough six-game road trip awaits.
Oct 2, 2011, 6:39 PM EDT
While 2011 top draft pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is sticking around in Edmoton, Gilbert Brule is being waived away.
Jun 30, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
The Chris Pronger deal was rough for the Oilers, but they ultimately got Jordan Eberle and Ladislav Smid out of the deal. Both seem to have a future in Edmonton after Smid signed a two-year, $4.5 million deal today.
More Rangers-Oilers: Christensen talked to, Alex Burrows supports Sean Avery, Smid will know better next time
Nov 15, 2010, 6:24 PM EDT
Hearing Sean Avery get a pat on the back from Alex Burrows for punching Ladislav Smid should be the postscript you were looking for about yesterday’s Rangers-Oilers brouhaha.
Nov 15, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
The NHL will not suspend any of the involved parties in yesterday’s line brawl between the New York Rangers and Edmonton Oilers.
Nov 14, 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
While the Rangers were busy thumping on the Oilers at MSG, Sean Avery finds himself starting a line brawl brouhaha to liven the afternoon game up just a bit.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 0
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)