Mar 2, 2012, 2:34 PM EST
Solid Western road swing could mean good things for the Flyers goalie.
Feb 1, 2012, 7:54 PM EST
Nov 26, 2011, 4:11 PM EST
In case you’d forgotten how good Martin Brodeur is in goal, here’s your reminder.
Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
The Islanders’ hopes to rise from the ashes this season are looking more like a pipe dream than anything else.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
OK we’re not the biggest fans in the world of the Islanders new third jersey, but the players hiding their dislike for them is way more entertaining.
Nov 15, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
It hasn’t been a good week for Kyle Okposo. And it’s only Tuesday.
Nov 14, 2011, 6:56 PM EST
Kyle Okposo, Blake Wheeler and Radek Dvorak all belong to the fellowship of zero.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EST
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Sep 28, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Could this season be the one where the dawn of the days of the new Islanders becomes a reality? Things are definitely looking up on Long Island.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 14, 2011, 4:55 PM EST
After the reports started up last night, John Tavares is getting his long-term deal to stay with the Islanders and it’s a beauty of a contract from Isles GM Garth Snow.
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Aug 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The New York Islanders still have not come to terms with their restricted free agent Josh Bailey. There’s no need for fans to worry yet… but if there’s still no deal going into training camp, it could be a different story.
May 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
After getting Calder Trophy candidate Michael Grabner locked up a couple weeks ago, the Islanders are taking care of more of their future by signing Kyle Okposo to a five year extension.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Which teams were hit the hardest by injuries and which squads were the healthiest so far this season? This post answers those questions and also studies who rolled with the punches and who took advantage of good fortune.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Henrik Lundqvist showed why he’s often the best player the Rangers have night in and night out with a pair of insane saves.
Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
One of the key Islanders that has yet to see the ice this season makes his return tomorrow. The Islanders could use a spark from Kyle Okposo.
Jan 12, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
The Islanders still say that he’s far away from appearing in his first game of the season, but forward Kyle Okposo played in a full team practice for the first time this season this morning.
Dec 20, 2010, 6:45 PM EST
The good news: Kyle Okposo practiced in full gear today. The bad news: Matthew Martin was suspended for two games. The worst news: the Islanders are still the Islanders.
Nov 19, 2010, 8:31 PM EST
A New York Post asked if the Islanders could tie or break the NHL record for 17 straight losses. We decided to examine their schedule to gauge their chances.
Nov 7, 2010, 11:57 AM EST
If you’re one to believe a semi-blind item by Larry Brooks of the New York Post, then you’ll believe that Islanders head coach Scott Gordon is on the hot seat. A seven-game losing streak can make that happen.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)