Sep 18, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
At least 36 pros are working out together in the State of Hockey.
Aug 12, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
John Tavares can’t do it alone, after all.
Aug 12, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
In a gloomy situation, he’s the brightest star on Long Island.
May 4, 2012, 2:43 PM EDT
A 7-2 beatdown of the French makes for a good warm-up.
May 3, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
An eighth place finish last year has the Americans hungry to do better.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
Truth hits everybody on Long Island.
Mar 2, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Solid Western road swing could mean good things for the Flyers goalie.
Feb 1, 2012, 7:54 PM EDT
Nov 26, 2011, 4:11 PM EDT
In case you’d forgotten how good Martin Brodeur is in goal, here’s your reminder.
Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Islanders’ hopes to rise from the ashes this season are looking more like a pipe dream than anything else.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
OK we’re not the biggest fans in the world of the Islanders new third jersey, but the players hiding their dislike for them is way more entertaining.
Nov 15, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a good week for Kyle Okposo. And it’s only Tuesday.
Nov 14, 2011, 6:56 PM EDT
Kyle Okposo, Blake Wheeler and Radek Dvorak all belong to the fellowship of zero.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Sep 28, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Could this season be the one where the dawn of the days of the new Islanders becomes a reality? Things are definitely looking up on Long Island.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 14, 2011, 4:55 PM EDT
After the reports started up last night, John Tavares is getting his long-term deal to stay with the Islanders and it’s a beauty of a contract from Isles GM Garth Snow.
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Aug 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The New York Islanders still have not come to terms with their restricted free agent Josh Bailey. There’s no need for fans to worry yet… but if there’s still no deal going into training camp, it could be a different story.
May 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
After getting Calder Trophy candidate Michael Grabner locked up a couple weeks ago, the Islanders are taking care of more of their future by signing Kyle Okposo to a five year extension.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
Which teams were hit the hardest by injuries and which squads were the healthiest so far this season? This post answers those questions and also studies who rolled with the punches and who took advantage of good fortune.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist showed why he’s often the best player the Rangers have night in and night out with a pair of insane saves.
Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
One of the key Islanders that has yet to see the ice this season makes his return tomorrow. The Islanders could use a spark from Kyle Okposo.
Jan 12, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
The Islanders still say that he’s far away from appearing in his first game of the season, but forward Kyle Okposo played in a full team practice for the first time this season this morning.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)