Nov 26, 2011, 4:11 PM EST
In case you’d forgotten how good Martin Brodeur is in goal, here’s your reminder.
Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
The Islanders’ hopes to rise from the ashes this season are looking more like a pipe dream than anything else.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
OK we’re not the biggest fans in the world of the Islanders new third jersey, but the players hiding their dislike for them is way more entertaining.
Nov 15, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
It hasn’t been a good week for Kyle Okposo. And it’s only Tuesday.
Nov 14, 2011, 6:56 PM EST
Kyle Okposo, Blake Wheeler and Radek Dvorak all belong to the fellowship of zero.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EST
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Sep 28, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Could this season be the one where the dawn of the days of the new Islanders becomes a reality? Things are definitely looking up on Long Island.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 14, 2011, 4:55 PM EST
After the reports started up last night, John Tavares is getting his long-term deal to stay with the Islanders and it’s a beauty of a contract from Isles GM Garth Snow.
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Aug 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The New York Islanders still have not come to terms with their restricted free agent Josh Bailey. There’s no need for fans to worry yet… but if there’s still no deal going into training camp, it could be a different story.
May 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
After getting Calder Trophy candidate Michael Grabner locked up a couple weeks ago, the Islanders are taking care of more of their future by signing Kyle Okposo to a five year extension.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Which teams were hit the hardest by injuries and which squads were the healthiest so far this season? This post answers those questions and also studies who rolled with the punches and who took advantage of good fortune.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Henrik Lundqvist showed why he’s often the best player the Rangers have night in and night out with a pair of insane saves.
Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
One of the key Islanders that has yet to see the ice this season makes his return tomorrow. The Islanders could use a spark from Kyle Okposo.
Jan 12, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
The Islanders still say that he’s far away from appearing in his first game of the season, but forward Kyle Okposo played in a full team practice for the first time this season this morning.
Dec 20, 2010, 6:45 PM EST
The good news: Kyle Okposo practiced in full gear today. The bad news: Matthew Martin was suspended for two games. The worst news: the Islanders are still the Islanders.
Nov 19, 2010, 8:31 PM EST
A New York Post asked if the Islanders could tie or break the NHL record for 17 straight losses. We decided to examine their schedule to gauge their chances.
Nov 7, 2010, 11:57 AM EST
If you’re one to believe a semi-blind item by Larry Brooks of the New York Post, then you’ll believe that Islanders head coach Scott Gordon is on the hot seat. A seven-game losing streak can make that happen.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)