Feb 11, 2013, 7:16 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Oct 12, 2012, 2:34 PM EST
Curious, because the NHL has only canceled games through Oct. 24.
Sep 18, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
At least 36 pros are working out together in the State of Hockey.
Aug 12, 2012, 8:42 PM EST
John Tavares can’t do it alone, after all.
Aug 12, 2012, 11:24 AM EST
In a gloomy situation, he’s the brightest star on Long Island.
May 4, 2012, 2:43 PM EST
A 7-2 beatdown of the French makes for a good warm-up.
May 3, 2012, 4:38 PM EST
An eighth place finish last year has the Americans hungry to do better.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:20 AM EST
Truth hits everybody on Long Island.
Mar 2, 2012, 2:34 PM EST
Solid Western road swing could mean good things for the Flyers goalie.
Feb 1, 2012, 7:54 PM EST
Nov 26, 2011, 4:11 PM EST
In case you’d forgotten how good Martin Brodeur is in goal, here’s your reminder.
Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
The Islanders’ hopes to rise from the ashes this season are looking more like a pipe dream than anything else.
Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
OK we’re not the biggest fans in the world of the Islanders new third jersey, but the players hiding their dislike for them is way more entertaining.
Nov 15, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
It hasn’t been a good week for Kyle Okposo. And it’s only Tuesday.
Nov 14, 2011, 6:56 PM EST
Kyle Okposo, Blake Wheeler and Radek Dvorak all belong to the fellowship of zero.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EST
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Sep 28, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Could this season be the one where the dawn of the days of the new Islanders becomes a reality? Things are definitely looking up on Long Island.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Reports indicate that the Islanders tabbed veteran blueliner Mark Streit as their new captain. That would make him the first Swiss-born NHL player to wear the “C.”
Sep 14, 2011, 4:55 PM EST
After the reports started up last night, John Tavares is getting his long-term deal to stay with the Islanders and it’s a beauty of a contract from Isles GM Garth Snow.
Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
John Tavares expressed interest in becoming the next Islanders captain, now that the position was vacated by Doug Weight’s retirement.
Aug 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The New York Islanders still have not come to terms with their restricted free agent Josh Bailey. There’s no need for fans to worry yet… but if there’s still no deal going into training camp, it could be a different story.
May 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
After getting Calder Trophy candidate Michael Grabner locked up a couple weeks ago, the Islanders are taking care of more of their future by signing Kyle Okposo to a five year extension.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Which teams were hit the hardest by injuries and which squads were the healthiest so far this season? This post answers those questions and also studies who rolled with the punches and who took advantage of good fortune.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Henrik Lundqvist showed why he’s often the best player the Rangers have night in and night out with a pair of insane saves.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 1
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 29
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 14
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 76
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)