Dec 5, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
In news that shouldn’t shock you today, Kris Letang has a concussion thanks to the hit he took from Max Pacioretty.
Nov 30, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Could be classified as a “forearm shiver.”
Nov 30, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The Ducks are being jerks because they’re ruining the final season of a future Hall of Famer. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 29, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty responds to Brendan Shanahan after receiving his three-game suspension. Yeah, he’s not complete agreement with the Shanahammer.
Nov 29, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
When James Neal got his feet kicked out from under him by P.K. Subban he apparently had to control his stick on the way to the ground. Go figure!
Nov 28, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Pacioretty’s hit on Kris Letang will force him to sit out three games.
Nov 27, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Montreal forward will meet with NHL discipline czar on Monday.
Nov 26, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Kris Letang has his “I am a hockey player” moment.
Nov 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Dallas Stars fans can thank a Canadian for all their good fortune over the last week, the Teachers’ Pension Plan still may want to sell the Leafs for the right price, and everyone agrees the Ducks need to do something to shake things up. All that and more in today’s Morning Skate.
Nov 21, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
We only ask because Sidney Crosby is a good player.
Oct 30, 2011, 6:08 PM EDT
Toronto’s head coach spoke highly of his captain following Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh.
Oct 18, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
Dressed in a stylish grey suit with a white shirt and Merlot tie, NHL Senior VP of Player Safety Brendan Shanahan suspended Pens D Kris Letang for two games for boarding Winnipeg’s Alex Burmistrov.
Oct 18, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
Kris Letang could be the first player to catch Brendan Shanahan’s ire in the regular season thanks to his boarding penalty against Winnipeg.
Oct 18, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Wild are a revamped team while the Penguins are a beaten up and broken one coming off a tough loss. Smells like drama on Versus to us.
Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
You’d think that without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin the Penguins might wilt. Did you not learn anything from last season?
Oct 9, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin was a late scratch for the Penguins’ game in Edmonton. Problems ahead or just maintenance?
Oct 7, 2011, 1:29 AM EDT
Whether he’s a changed man or not, Matt Cooke made a difference by scoring two goals in the Penguins 4-3 shootout win over the Canucks.
Oct 5, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Brendan Shanahan shows us how some players are making sure to take notes on how to hit guys into the boards. He’ll also show us what a great, legal hit looks like.
Sep 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
If you thought the Penguins were good already, just wait until you see them with their two best players back on the ice.
Apr 25, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
This year’s candidates for the Norris Trophy provide quite the choices between old school, modern school, and new school defensemen. So… Who ya got?
Mar 20, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Kris Letang made a big choice to change positions during his junior hockey days, allowing him to carve out a future as an NHL All-Star on defense.
Mar 20, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
We take a deeper look at NBC’s Game of the Week from Pittsburgh between the Penguins and the New York Rangers.
Mar 19, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
While his team finds a way to grind out wins and points without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang is on a considerable scoring slump. Should the Penguins be worried about their 23-year-old offensive defenseman?
Mar 19, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
The Penguins are still a major threat to go all the way in the Eastern Conference without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Shouldn’t that alone be enough to make Dan Bylsma coach of the year?
Mar 18, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Mike Milbury and Tiffany Simons take a look at this Sunday’s NBC Game of the Week between the Rangers and Penguins in Pittsburgh.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)