Feb 20, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
The Penguins and Blackhawks represent the last two Stanley Cup winners, even if they might not look like champions right now. That being said, both squads have plenty to play for in their only meeting of the season.
Feb 6, 2011, 3:27 PM EST
Wondering how the Penguins are holding up without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin? NBC takes a look at their team toughness.
Feb 6, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
How do the Penguins and Capitals stack up with each other going into today’s game? We break it down for you by the numbers and give you your hookup to join us for NHL Extra during the game.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM EST
All seemed to be going well with the Penguins leading Boston 2-0 late in the third period. A couple bad penalties and defensive plays later and the Pens end up losing by two.
Jan 3, 2011, 11:04 PM EST
Tonight’s the last night that you can vote for the top six players in the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. Click “Read More” to find out how to vote.
Dec 30, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
Last night was just Rick DiPietro’s night and the Penguins were just living in it. Kris Letang got a first-hand taste of it on a penalty shot in the third period.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins now hold four of the six spots on the fan-voted All-Star team with one week left.
Dec 21, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin eked his way into the top three forwards in the latest update of all-star game voting results
Dec 14, 2010, 9:12 PM EST
Sidney Crosby, Kris Letang and Carey Price lead their positions in All-Star Game voting at this point in the process. Find out specifics about the fan results by clicking “Read more.”
Dec 7, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
PHT presents an in-depth breakdown of an insane run by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury. You’ll find the numbers you’ll read in many other places, but most importantly, there are also obscure/deeper stats to stimulate your mind this morning.
Dec 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
It sounds like Evgeni Malkin’s knee injury isn’t too big of a deal, as it’s been labeled as “day to day.”
Nov 27, 2010, 4:03 PM EST
On the strength of Sidney Crosby’s hat trick, the Penguins are now on a six game winning streak and Crosby holds a tenuous points lead over Steve Stamkos. Read all about it in this full recap.
Nov 15, 2010, 11:26 PM EST
John-Michael Liles was once a scapegoat in Colorado, but now he’s quietly among the NHL’s league leaders in scoring among defensemen.
Nov 3, 2010, 11:55 PM EST[kml_flashembed movie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="180" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=35&id=81351&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
Tensions boiled over between the Stars and Penguins tonight, as you can see from this fight between Sidney Crosby and Matt Niskanen.
Oct 22, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
We’re doubling our pleasure here because it’s just that good. The save of the night comes from overtime between Pittsburgh and Nashville where Pascal Dupuis bailed out his goalie Marc-Andre Fleury from losing in embarrassing fashion, preventing Cody Franson from stuffing home a loose puck off a J.P. Dumont shot. Shortly after that, Kris Letang…
Oct 16, 2010, 7:03 PM EST
From the “not that it really matters now” files: the NHL rescinded the major penalty incorrectly given to Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang in last night’s game against the New York Islanders. Here is the report, via Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The National Hockey League has rescinded the major penalty that Penguins defenseman…
Oct 16, 2010, 12:42 AM EST
The Penguins are upset over a game-misconduct penalty given to defenseman Kris Letang for a hit to the head of Blake Comeau. Their problem? Comeau wasn’t even hit in the head.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)