Nov 29, 2011, 7:57 PM EST
Max Pacioretty responds to Brendan Shanahan after receiving his three-game suspension. Yeah, he’s not complete agreement with the Shanahammer.
Nov 29, 2011, 11:26 AM EST
When James Neal got his feet kicked out from under him by P.K. Subban he apparently had to control his stick on the way to the ground. Go figure!
Nov 28, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
Pacioretty’s hit on Kris Letang will force him to sit out three games.
Nov 27, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
Montreal forward will meet with NHL discipline czar on Monday.
Nov 26, 2011, 10:30 PM EST
Kris Letang has his “I am a hockey player” moment.
Nov 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Dallas Stars fans can thank a Canadian for all their good fortune over the last week, the Teachers’ Pension Plan still may want to sell the Leafs for the right price, and everyone agrees the Ducks need to do something to shake things up. All that and more in today’s Morning Skate.
Nov 21, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
We only ask because Sidney Crosby is a good player.
Oct 30, 2011, 6:08 PM EST
Toronto’s head coach spoke highly of his captain following Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh.
Oct 18, 2011, 4:43 PM EST
Dressed in a stylish grey suit with a white shirt and Merlot tie, NHL Senior VP of Player Safety Brendan Shanahan suspended Pens D Kris Letang for two games for boarding Winnipeg’s Alex Burmistrov.
Oct 18, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Kris Letang could be the first player to catch Brendan Shanahan’s ire in the regular season thanks to his boarding penalty against Winnipeg.
Oct 18, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
The Wild are a revamped team while the Penguins are a beaten up and broken one coming off a tough loss. Smells like drama on Versus to us.
Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM EST
You’d think that without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin the Penguins might wilt. Did you not learn anything from last season?
Oct 9, 2011, 9:23 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin was a late scratch for the Penguins’ game in Edmonton. Problems ahead or just maintenance?
Oct 7, 2011, 1:29 AM EST
Whether he’s a changed man or not, Matt Cooke made a difference by scoring two goals in the Penguins 4-3 shootout win over the Canucks.
Oct 5, 2011, 10:52 AM EST
Brendan Shanahan shows us how some players are making sure to take notes on how to hit guys into the boards. He’ll also show us what a great, legal hit looks like.
Sep 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
If you thought the Penguins were good already, just wait until you see them with their two best players back on the ice.
Apr 25, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
This year’s candidates for the Norris Trophy provide quite the choices between old school, modern school, and new school defensemen. So… Who ya got?
Mar 20, 2011, 5:08 PM EST
Kris Letang made a big choice to change positions during his junior hockey days, allowing him to carve out a future as an NHL All-Star on defense.
Mar 20, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
We take a deeper look at NBC’s Game of the Week from Pittsburgh between the Penguins and the New York Rangers.
Mar 19, 2011, 8:44 PM EST
While his team finds a way to grind out wins and points without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang is on a considerable scoring slump. Should the Penguins be worried about their 23-year-old offensive defenseman?
Mar 19, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
The Penguins are still a major threat to go all the way in the Eastern Conference without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Shouldn’t that alone be enough to make Dan Bylsma coach of the year?
Mar 18, 2011, 3:11 PM EST
Mike Milbury and Tiffany Simons take a look at this Sunday’s NBC Game of the Week between the Rangers and Penguins in Pittsburgh.
Mar 9, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
The Penguins locked up another essential part of their foundation today, as they signed head coach Dan Bylsma to a three-year contract extension.
Mar 2, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
With the trade deadline over and teams gearing up for the playoffs now, Mike Milbury lets us know who he thinks is tops in the East.
Feb 22, 2011, 12:06 PM EST
Nicklas Backstrom reportedly suffered a fractured thumb during Monday’s game against the Penguins. The Capitals claim that it is a day-to-day injury.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)