Jun 15, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Where was Dino Ciccarelli’s kid in all this?
Jul 27, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
Many Red Wings fans are probably saddened by Kris Draper’s retirement, but four younger forwards should make that defensive transition easier. In fact, they already started it.
Jul 26, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
After a 20 year NHL career, Kris Draper calls it quits after what ended up being an outstanding career from one that started off inauspiciously.
Jul 25, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
A caption on a Kris Draper photo reveals that the grinding forward will probably announce his retirement on Tuesday.
May 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Mike Babcock announced some changes he’ll make for Game 3 … and predicted Todd McLellan’s counter-moves as well.
Apr 13, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Mike Modano probably didn’t expect what might be his last run at a Stanley Cup in the playoffs to start in the press box, but that’s where he’ll be tonight against Phoenix.
Feb 13, 2011, 4:26 PM EDT
In case you missed today’s NBC Game of the Week between Detroit and Boston, you missed out on a 4-2 Detroit win at Joe Louis Arena. For Detroit it was their second straight win over the Bruins and it featured Todd Bertuzzi scoring a pair of goals to lead the Wings to victory. Pavel Datsyuk…
Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Red Wings snapped out of their first period funk and potted two goals to take a 3-2 lead over Boston.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Who scored last week’s best goal: Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Quinton Howden, the boisterous Russian WJC team, Kris Draper or Mikhail Grabovski?
Jan 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Remember Kris Draper? Sure you do and now the Edmonton Oilers do as well after the cagey veteran deked them out of their shorts.
Oct 12, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
There’s a bunch of Detroit Red Wings-related injury/retirement news via Ansar Khan of MLive.com today and last night. Let’s take a look. Kirk Maltby is set to announce his retirement today. The grinder has been a fixture in Detroit for most of his 16-year NHL career and Khan points out that he’s one of only…
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 19
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 17
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 17
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 13
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)