Jul 27, 2011, 12:46 AM EST
Many Red Wings fans are probably saddened by Kris Draper’s retirement, but four younger forwards should make that defensive transition easier. In fact, they already started it.
Jul 26, 2011, 11:11 AM EST
After a 20 year NHL career, Kris Draper calls it quits after what ended up being an outstanding career from one that started off inauspiciously.
Jul 25, 2011, 1:16 PM EST
A caption on a Kris Draper photo reveals that the grinding forward will probably announce his retirement on Tuesday.
May 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EST
Mike Babcock announced some changes he’ll make for Game 3 … and predicted Todd McLellan’s counter-moves as well.
Apr 13, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Mike Modano probably didn’t expect what might be his last run at a Stanley Cup in the playoffs to start in the press box, but that’s where he’ll be tonight against Phoenix.
Feb 13, 2011, 4:26 PM EST
In case you missed today’s NBC Game of the Week between Detroit and Boston, you missed out on a 4-2 Detroit win at Joe Louis Arena. For Detroit it was their second straight win over the Bruins and it featured Todd Bertuzzi scoring a pair of goals to lead the Wings to victory. Pavel Datsyuk…
Feb 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
The Red Wings snapped out of their first period funk and potted two goals to take a 3-2 lead over Boston.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Who scored last week’s best goal: Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Quinton Howden, the boisterous Russian WJC team, Kris Draper or Mikhail Grabovski?
Jan 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Remember Kris Draper? Sure you do and now the Edmonton Oilers do as well after the cagey veteran deked them out of their shorts.
Oct 12, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
There’s a bunch of Detroit Red Wings-related injury/retirement news via Ansar Khan of MLive.com today and last night. Let’s take a look. Kirk Maltby is set to announce his retirement today. The grinder has been a fixture in Detroit for most of his 16-year NHL career and Khan points out that he’s one of only…
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 46
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 32
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 6
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (132)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)