May 27, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
How good was Minnesota Wild prospect Mikael Granlund’s goal at the 2011 World Championships? Finland put it on a stamp.
May 13, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
Finland’s Mikael Granlund, 2010 Minnesota Wild first round pick, helped beat Russia today by scoring perhaps the greatest goal we’ve seen all year.
May 13, 2011, 2:27 AM EDT
Russia came back to stun Canada in the quarterfinals of the 2011 IIHF World Championships thanks to the skills of Ilya Kovalchuk.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5