Feb 21, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Two big guns are hurting for two big teams.
Jan 10, 2012, 8:08 PM EST
Florida’s goalie of the future goes under the knife, again.
Oct 16, 2011, 9:57 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin is having problems recovering from that knee injury he suffered last season. After already missing 3 of the last 4 games this season, he’ll miss the next two as he didn’t travel with the team for their mini-road trip.
Oct 10, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
Mattias Ohlund lost a step or five during the last few seasons, so maybe getting both knees scoped will help him turn things around. It’ll come at a cost, though; he’s expected to miss six to eight weeks to rehab from surgery.
Sep 26, 2011, 1:48 PM EST
Florida’s Scott Clemmensen was set to be Jose Theodore’s backup in Florida this year. Now that he’s out with knee surgery, it’ll be up to Tyler Plante or Jacob Markstrom to prove their worth in the meantime.
Aug 22, 2011, 8:34 PM EST
We’re not the only ones blogging around here as Teemu Selanne writes about his summer workouts and whether or not he’s retiring and just when he’ll decide that by.
Jul 1, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Teemu Selanne underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in Finland this week. Depending on how the surgury (and rehab) goes, Selanne is expected to make a decision on his future later this summer.
May 18, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
The New York Islanders announced that goalie Al Montoya had successful surgery on a torn meniscus in his left knee suffering during the World Championships. The Islanders claim he should be 100 percent by training camp.
May 4, 2011, 4:17 PM EST
Chris Campoli underwent knee surgery. The recovery process will reportedly take about two months, giving him plenty of time to prepare for September training camp.
Feb 9, 2011, 3:09 PM EST
As it was expected, Evgeni Malkin will get surgery on his torn MCL and ACL in his knee, ending his season and putting him out for six months.
Feb 3, 2011, 1:36 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin makes his return to the Penguins lineup on Friday night but the team finds out they’ll be without Mark Letestu for 4-6 weeks after knee surgery.
Dec 3, 2010, 7:34 PM EST
Bad news for the Montreal Canadiens as defenseman Andrei Markov is done for the year after getting knee surgery.
Minor knee surgery will sideline Rob Niedermayer for about two weeks; Tim Connolly leaves practice with groin issues
Nov 22, 2010, 2:32 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres injury news: Rob Niedermayer will be sidelined for about two weeks with minor knee surgery while Tim Connolly left practice with groin problems.
Nov 1, 2010, 8:41 PM EST
It’s been a surprising first month for winger Zach Parise and the New Jersey Devils. Instead of assuming their typical perch atop the Atlantic Division, the Devils are making themselves comfortable in the league’s cellar. Rather than worrying about re-signing Parise to a contract extension after benefiting from his bargain $3.1 million annual salary cap…
Oct 18, 2010, 3:46 PM EST
Rangers playmaking forward Vinny Prospal underwent knee surgery today and the Rangers announced that he’ll be out for 6-8 weeks. Prospal’s injury status has been a bit murky lately, leading to speculation that Prospal could miss a significant amount of time this season and put his career in jeopardy. Instead, there’s a timetable squared away…
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)