Feb 21, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Two big guns are hurting for two big teams.
Jan 10, 2012, 8:08 PM EDT
Florida’s goalie of the future goes under the knife, again.
Oct 16, 2011, 9:57 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin is having problems recovering from that knee injury he suffered last season. After already missing 3 of the last 4 games this season, he’ll miss the next two as he didn’t travel with the team for their mini-road trip.
Oct 10, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
Mattias Ohlund lost a step or five during the last few seasons, so maybe getting both knees scoped will help him turn things around. It’ll come at a cost, though; he’s expected to miss six to eight weeks to rehab from surgery.
Sep 26, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Florida’s Scott Clemmensen was set to be Jose Theodore’s backup in Florida this year. Now that he’s out with knee surgery, it’ll be up to Tyler Plante or Jacob Markstrom to prove their worth in the meantime.
Aug 22, 2011, 8:34 PM EDT
We’re not the only ones blogging around here as Teemu Selanne writes about his summer workouts and whether or not he’s retiring and just when he’ll decide that by.
Jul 1, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Teemu Selanne underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in Finland this week. Depending on how the surgury (and rehab) goes, Selanne is expected to make a decision on his future later this summer.
May 18, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The New York Islanders announced that goalie Al Montoya had successful surgery on a torn meniscus in his left knee suffering during the World Championships. The Islanders claim he should be 100 percent by training camp.
May 4, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Chris Campoli underwent knee surgery. The recovery process will reportedly take about two months, giving him plenty of time to prepare for September training camp.
Feb 9, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
As it was expected, Evgeni Malkin will get surgery on his torn MCL and ACL in his knee, ending his season and putting him out for six months.
Feb 3, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin makes his return to the Penguins lineup on Friday night but the team finds out they’ll be without Mark Letestu for 4-6 weeks after knee surgery.
Dec 3, 2010, 7:34 PM EDT
Bad news for the Montreal Canadiens as defenseman Andrei Markov is done for the year after getting knee surgery.
Minor knee surgery will sideline Rob Niedermayer for about two weeks; Tim Connolly leaves practice with groin issues
Nov 22, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres injury news: Rob Niedermayer will be sidelined for about two weeks with minor knee surgery while Tim Connolly left practice with groin problems.
Nov 1, 2010, 8:41 PM EDT
It’s been a surprising first month for winger Zach Parise and the New Jersey Devils. Instead of assuming their typical perch atop the Atlantic Division, the Devils are making themselves comfortable in the league’s cellar. Rather than worrying about re-signing Parise to a contract extension after benefiting from his bargain $3.1 million annual salary cap…
Oct 18, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Rangers playmaking forward Vinny Prospal underwent knee surgery today and the Rangers announced that he’ll be out for 6-8 weeks. Prospal’s injury status has been a bit murky lately, leading to speculation that Prospal could miss a significant amount of time this season and put his career in jeopardy. Instead, there’s a timetable squared away…
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)