Apr 30, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Ak Bars Kazan reportedly making waves…
Apr 4, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT
This seems highly illegal.
Mar 27, 2012, 5:57 PM EDT
Spent time with the Ducks, Oilers and Coyotes.
Mar 22, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Lowered expectations – but perhaps more to build on – for the world’s second biggest hockey league.
Mar 19, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Weird situation gets weirder.
Mar 19, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
Barry Trotz hopes to have him in the lineup on Thursday night vs. Pittsburgh.
Feb 1, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
Alex Radulov goes slashy slashy.
Dec 30, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
This won’t be Jagr’s first time playing outside, but it will be the most memorable.
Dec 20, 2011, 9:05 AM EDT
After all that drama, the former first round bust is set to play in Russia.
Dec 19, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
Filly don’t play without a contract and that even applies in Russia.
Dec 12, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
Nikita Filatov didn’t want to go back to Binghamton, so he’s headed home to Russia instead.
Nov 16, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
Do you have your “BUST” stamp ready to go to work? You should now for former first-round pick Nikita Filatov.
Nov 2, 2011, 7:58 AM EDT
Authorities have figured out why Yaroslavl Lokomotiv’s plane went down in Russia is due to pilot error.
Sep 23, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr will make his preseason debut with the Flyers tonight. His first goal is to adjust to the smaller North American ice surface after three years in the KHL.
Sep 17, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
On the same day that the team will travel to mourn fallen former assistant coach Bruce McCrimmon, the Red Wings announced that Pavel Datsyuk will switch to number 24 for training camp and the preseason to honor Ruslan Salei.
Sep 14, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Pierre McGuire sits down with Russ Thaler on NBC Sports Talk to discuss what the long term effects of the tragedy in Russia could be for the hockey world.
Sep 12, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
A rebuilt Lokomotiv team might play in the Major Hockey League in December, which is a second-tier Russian league. Meanwhile, the Czech hockey league will postpone its opening day to accommodate Jan Marek’s funeral.
Sep 12, 2011, 4:25 AM EDT
Sad news out of Moscow: Alexander Galimov died during surgery today. He was the only player who initially survived the terrible Lokomotiv Yaroslavl crash on Sept. 7. Galimov was 26 years old.
Sep 10, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Thousands came to Yaroslavl arena for a ceremony that honored the members of Lokomotiv, while significant Russian hockey figures paid their respects.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
People always wonder about the “what ifs” in life. Detroit goaltender Joey MacDonald revealed that he was close to signing with Yaroslavl this offseason before the Red Wings offered a one-way contract. What if…
Sep 8, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
It may not be the biggest signing of the offseason, but the Winnipeg Jets signed Kyle Wellwood to a one-year deal on Thursday.
Sep 8, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
KHL vice president Ilya Kochevrin spoke with Puck Daddy’s Dmitri Chesnokov today, providing more details about how the league plans to help Lokomotiv rebuild and how the KHL will attempt to move on from Wednesday’s tragic events.
Sep 8, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
The KHL will put its games on hold for five days to deal with the ramifications of the awful Lokomotiv crash, with play resuming on Monday, September 12. The league also will call upon its other teams to help rebuild Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.
Sep 7, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
PHT looks back at the careers and lasting impacts left behind by the victims of the Yaroslavl Lokomotive crash.
Sep 7, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
Many NHL players expressed their condolences regarding Lokomotiv Yaroslavl’s tragic plane crash today, while Gary Bettman spoke about the “catastrophic loss to the hockey world.”
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 19
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)