Jun 21, 2011, 2:14 AM EST
Jaromir Jagr’s agent has contacted the Pittsburgh Penguins about a reunion… and the Pens are interested.
Jun 16, 2011, 10:49 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr is a free agent in the KHL yet again and while he’s busy looking around for a deal there, his agent is reaching out to NHL teams to gauge their interest and one team in particular is standing out.
May 25, 2011, 12:25 AM EST
Blues 2010 draft pick Vladimir Tarasenko will be staying in Russia for one more year at least. Should the Blues worry about him never coming to North America though?
May 24, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
Sorry nostalgic hockey fans: Jaromir Jagr’s agent said he’s not considering offers from NHL teams at this time.
May 10, 2011, 8:46 PM EST
Is it possible we could see Jaromir Jagr return to the NHL next season with the Pittsburgh Penguins? You might want to dust off that old 68 jersey just in case.
Apr 21, 2011, 5:51 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov is an impending unrestricted free agent and he’s made a good home in Phoenix. If the team moves to Winnipeg next year, they shouldn’t count on having him return to the team.
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EST
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:55 PM EST
The KHL and NHL more or less traded mediocre forwards, as Petr Prucha left Phoenix for SKA St. Petersburg while Kyle Wellwood left Atlant for the St. Louis Blues.
Jan 8, 2011, 1:40 PM EST
December 8th is a sad day for pun lovers in the NHL, as Miroslav Satan signed with Dynamo Moscow of the KHL according to reports.
Evgeni Nabokov’s KHL contract terminated for ‘family circumstances’; which NHL teams might be interested?
Dec 13, 2010, 1:12 PM EST
Evgeni Nabokov’s KHL contract has been terminated, supposedly for “family circumstances.” This makes him a free agent so we couldn’t help but ask: which NHL team makes the most sense for Nabokov? Vote for your choice in the poll within this post.
Nov 24, 2010, 3:31 PM EST
A lot was made of Jiri Hudler returning to the Detroit Red Wings after a year away in the KHL. How’s his return to Motown going? Well…
Oct 22, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
It’s been long enough that any dreams Nashville Predators fans had about Alex Radulov returning to the team are probably long forgotten. If they weren’t totally erased a few months ago, it seems just about official that he won’t play as a Predator ever again. That’s because the talented Russian winger will ply his trade…
Oct 22, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
If you’re a recently deposed former backup goalie in the NHL who was waived, what’s your next step for work? Turns out, playing in Europe is the answer.
Oct 21, 2010, 5:10 PM EST
Here are two overseas hockey items via ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, from Switzerland and Russia. Honestly, I hadn’t really heard these rumors, but there were some whispers about former Phoenix Coyotes coach (and, oh yeah, possibly the greatest hockey player ever) Wayne Gretzky coaching in Russia for SKA St. Petersburg. Despite being friends with SKA chairman…
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)