Aug 10, 2011, 10:31 PM EST
Blue Jackets castoff Nikita Filatov has six goals and 13 points in his disappointing NHL career so far. So why are the Senators promising him a spot on their first or second line next season?
Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
Alex Kovalev will be far away from Ottawa after signing a two-year deal with the KHL, but that doesn’t mean that the wounds from his experience with the Senators (and the media) have totally healed.
Aug 6, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Could Marty Turco’s lack of options force him to retire or at least leave the NHL?
Jul 8, 2011, 11:48 AM EST
The NHL and KHL agreed to a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ that will respect each others’ player contracts through June 30, 2012.
Jun 26, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
Things could change, but rumors indicate that pending restricted free agent Semyon Varlamov is unlikely to re-sign with the Washington Capitals.
May 12, 2011, 11:55 AM EST
Today’s far-from-surprising news is that Alex Frolov will leave the NHL/Rangers for Avangard Omsk in the KHL.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5