Aug 10, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Blue Jackets castoff Nikita Filatov has six goals and 13 points in his disappointing NHL career so far. So why are the Senators promising him a spot on their first or second line next season?
Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Alex Kovalev will be far away from Ottawa after signing a two-year deal with the KHL, but that doesn’t mean that the wounds from his experience with the Senators (and the media) have totally healed.
Aug 6, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Could Marty Turco’s lack of options force him to retire or at least leave the NHL?
Jul 8, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
The NHL and KHL agreed to a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ that will respect each others’ player contracts through June 30, 2012.
Jun 26, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
Things could change, but rumors indicate that pending restricted free agent Semyon Varlamov is unlikely to re-sign with the Washington Capitals.
May 12, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT
Today’s far-from-surprising news is that Alex Frolov will leave the NHL/Rangers for Avangard Omsk in the KHL.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)