Dec 13, 2011, 12:43 AM EST
Is it the onus on the predator or the prey in regarding these toss-up hits?
Dec 13, 2011, 12:03 AM EST
Thankfully no one uses the word “passive.” We wouldn’t want Mike Yeo to throw a fit, after all.
Sep 23, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
Here’s a collection of reactions from NHL players, analysts, writers and fans regarding the ugly racist incident Wayne Simmonds dealt with last night.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
While this is by no means a comprehensive look at the issue, here is a recent history (and some interesting articles) revolving around racism in the NHL.
Sep 22, 2011, 11:10 PM EST
In what the NHL calls a “stupid and ignorant” display of racism, at least one fan threw a banana at black Philadelphia Flyers winger Wayne Simmonds during a shootout attempt tonight. Simmonds still managed to score on his attempt, although the Flyers ended up losing that preseason game to the Detroit Red Wings in front…
Jan 12, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
In this post, we cover a variety of All-Star game-related bits, including some more snub talk, the rosters full of first-timers and Kevin Weekes’ recommendations for people visiting North Carolina.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 6
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)