May 30, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
There have been rumblings…
May 16, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
The aging goalie said he wants to return.
May 13, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov had a tough time against Pittsburgh.
May 9, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Seemed a lot like Game 1.
May 1, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Pittsburgh rolled 5-0 in the series opener.
May 1, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
It didn’t help that he took a puck to the mask.
Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
D Matt Carkner is also back; Kevin Poulin gets the start in goal.
Feb 24, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
“I’m just going to embrace each chance I get to play.”
Feb 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
That’s a lot of money to hang in Bridgeport.
Mar 21, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
Remember when he refused to report?
Feb 21, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
The Isles net still figures to be crowded, however.
Feb 20, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Ottawa’s won three in a row by a combined score of 16-2.
Oct 14, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Rick DiPietro’s horrible run of injuries continues as he recently suffered a concussion. Reports indicate that there’s no timetable for his return.
Sep 27, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
It’s been over a year since an NHL game has seen Evgeni Nabokov’s shadow. Tonight he’ll get his shot to prove he can play as he suits up, finally, for the Islanders against Calgary.
Sep 25, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Go ahead and scoff, but Rick DiPietro says he feels healthy for the first time in years.
Evgeni Nabokov is willing to attend Islanders training camp, sets ‘record straight’ about last season
Aug 1, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov says that he’s willing to attend Islanders training camp (if they don’t trade him first). The netminder also ‘set the record straight’ about his polarizing decision not to report to the team when the Isles claimed him on waivers last season.
Feb 9, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The Islanders added a goalie to their injury-ravaged rotation after sending a sixth round pick to the Coyotes for Al Montoya.
Feb 9, 2011, 2:49 PM EDT
Islanders goalie Kevin Poulin’s mishap in warmups turned out to be a season-ending injury with a dislocated kneecap.
Feb 8, 2011, 8:39 PM EDT
Is Nassau Coliseum built over a haunted burial ground? You have to start wondering if that’s the case as rookie goalie Kevin Poulin was injured in warmups leading to Mikko Koskinen getting his first NHL start.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
It might make sense for the Islanders to claim Mike Smith off of the waiver wire, but the team seems like it will stick with Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro instead.
Feb 2, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has put goalie Mike Smith on waivers. Is this a chance for the Islanders to clean up their issue with Evgeni Nabokov?
Jan 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
As many expected, the Red Wings weren’t able to nab Evgeni Nabokov as the Islanders claimed him today.
Jan 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
When you score two goals in five seconds, you have a good shot at the goal of the night. Nathan Gerbe’s beautiful end-to-end rush on the first tally clinched the January 21st Goal of the Night, though.
Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
With a handful of afternoon games today, here’s a look at who’s in goal for the early games.
Jan 15, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
Much maligned Islanders starting goalie makes his return from injury tonight against the Sabres.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)