May 30, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
There have been rumblings…
May 16, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
The aging goalie said he wants to return.
May 13, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov had a tough time against Pittsburgh.
May 9, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Seemed a lot like Game 1.
May 1, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Pittsburgh rolled 5-0 in the series opener.
May 1, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
It didn’t help that he took a puck to the mask.
Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
D Matt Carkner is also back; Kevin Poulin gets the start in goal.
Feb 24, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
“I’m just going to embrace each chance I get to play.”
Feb 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
That’s a lot of money to hang in Bridgeport.
Mar 21, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
Remember when he refused to report?
Feb 21, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
The Isles net still figures to be crowded, however.
Feb 20, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Ottawa’s won three in a row by a combined score of 16-2.
Oct 14, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Rick DiPietro’s horrible run of injuries continues as he recently suffered a concussion. Reports indicate that there’s no timetable for his return.
Sep 27, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
It’s been over a year since an NHL game has seen Evgeni Nabokov’s shadow. Tonight he’ll get his shot to prove he can play as he suits up, finally, for the Islanders against Calgary.
Sep 25, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Go ahead and scoff, but Rick DiPietro says he feels healthy for the first time in years.
Evgeni Nabokov is willing to attend Islanders training camp, sets ‘record straight’ about last season
Aug 1, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
Evgeni Nabokov says that he’s willing to attend Islanders training camp (if they don’t trade him first). The netminder also ‘set the record straight’ about his polarizing decision not to report to the team when the Isles claimed him on waivers last season.
Feb 9, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The Islanders added a goalie to their injury-ravaged rotation after sending a sixth round pick to the Coyotes for Al Montoya.
Feb 9, 2011, 2:49 PM EDT
Islanders goalie Kevin Poulin’s mishap in warmups turned out to be a season-ending injury with a dislocated kneecap.
Feb 8, 2011, 8:39 PM EDT
Is Nassau Coliseum built over a haunted burial ground? You have to start wondering if that’s the case as rookie goalie Kevin Poulin was injured in warmups leading to Mikko Koskinen getting his first NHL start.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
It might make sense for the Islanders to claim Mike Smith off of the waiver wire, but the team seems like it will stick with Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro instead.
Feb 2, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has put goalie Mike Smith on waivers. Is this a chance for the Islanders to clean up their issue with Evgeni Nabokov?
Jan 22, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
As many expected, the Red Wings weren’t able to nab Evgeni Nabokov as the Islanders claimed him today.
Jan 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
When you score two goals in five seconds, you have a good shot at the goal of the night. Nathan Gerbe’s beautiful end-to-end rush on the first tally clinched the January 21st Goal of the Night, though.
Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
With a handful of afternoon games today, here’s a look at who’s in goal for the early games.
Jan 15, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
Much maligned Islanders starting goalie makes his return from injury tonight against the Sabres.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)