Jul 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
With the Winnipeg Jets coming to rise out of Atlanta, it appears that even though everything else about the team is new they’re doing things like they did while in Atlanta.
Jun 24, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
It’s official: Claude Noel will be the new head coach of the Winnipeg team that will reportedly soon be named the Jets.
Jun 23, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Claude Noel will reportedly be Winnipeg’s new head coach.
Jun 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Winnipeg GM Kevin Cheveldayoff doesn’t even know what jersey their new draftees will be given this weekend in St. Paul during the 2011 NHL Draft.
Jun 20, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
The Winnipeg franchise has narrowed their coaching search down to Claude Noel and Mike Haviland; (now former) coach Craig Ramsay was informed that he is no longer a candidate.
Jun 19, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
Craig Ramsay did a great job with the Atlanta Thrashers last season, but he had to interview to see if he could impress the new owners of the team headed to Winnipeg.
Jun 12, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
The new Winnipeg team plans on interviewing new head coaching candidates, but strangely enough, they’ll give lame duck coach Craig Ramsay an interview too.
Jun 12, 2011, 12:24 AM EDT
Restricted free agent to-be Andrew Ladd flew up to Winnipeg to check out the Thrashers new home. If GM Kevin Cheveldayoff gets his way, it’ll be Ladd’s new home as well next season.
Jun 10, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
True North replaced many Thrashers staffers with Manitoba Moose employees while key coaching staff members wonder about their future. Speaking of the Moose: they’ll play in St. John’s N.L. next season.
Jun 8, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
It’s official: former Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will be the new Winnipeg team’s GM.
Jun 7, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will become the GM for Winnipeg’s new team.
Jun 5, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
One report indicates that True North offered their newly vacated GM position to Chicago assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.
Jun 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Reports out of Winnipeg say that Thrashers GM Rick Dudley will not be retained in that position by True North ownership.
If Rick Dudley doesn’t stay to GM in Winnipeg, is Kevin Cheveldayoff the next pilot of the franchise?
Jun 3, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
With the potential staff turnover coming with the Thrashers move to Winnipeg, if GM Rick Dudley steps out, could a former first round pick of the Islanders lead the way?
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)