Sep 28, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Danny Cleary will miss at least the rest of the preseason with an upper-body injury.
Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Talk about signing with the right team. After signing with the Detroit Red Wings as a free agent in the offseason, Ian White will be paired with Nicklas Lidstrom on the blueline.
Sep 2, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
The Red Wings are hoping to get negotiations started with Niklas Kronwall soon, which is a good idea because Detroit’s defense could be in a state of flux next summer if Nicklas Lidstorm retires.
Jul 23, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
While the Red Wings were fretting over what Nicklas Lidstrom was going to do this summer, next summer could be a big one for Niklas Kronwall as the future cornerstone of Detroit’s blue line.
Jul 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Seven of the NHL’s top teams have the kind of cap space to get even better through trades, waiver wire pickups and other moves in the 2011-12 season. Find out which ones are flush and what that could mean by reading this post.
Jul 18, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
Tomorrow’s conference call will reveal whether Chris Osgood will retire or spend another season as Jimmy Howard’s backup in Detroit.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Is Joey MacDonald going to be the Red Wings backup goalie this year? After signing a two-year deal and with the young goaltending in the minors, you have to wonder.
Jul 1, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
The Penguins are out of the hunt for Jaromir Jagr as GM Ray Shero pulled the team’s offer for the future Hall of Famer.
Great time to be an UFA defenseman: Red Wings sign Jonathan Ericsson to three-year, $9.75 million deal
Jun 30, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
Jonathan Ericsson and the Detroit Red Wings agreed to a 3-year, $9.75 million contract a day before the defenseman was set to become an unrestricted free agent. Did the Red Wings overpay?
Jun 28, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
The Penguins are fully in on Jaromir Jagr now that they’ve made him an official contract offer. Will it be enough to bring him back to Pittsburgh for the first time since 2001?
Jun 16, 2011, 10:49 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr is a free agent in the KHL yet again and while he’s busy looking around for a deal there, his agent is reaching out to NHL teams to gauge their interest and one team in particular is standing out.
May 23, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
There’s going to be a Red Wings defenseman announcing their retirement this offseason but it’s not the one you’re thinking it is.
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
Jan 21, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
If you cooked up a possible theory for how the Red Wings could still get Evgeni Nabokov if he’s claimed on waivers, you’d better eliminate the Devils from your flowchart.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 23
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)