Jan 24, 2012, 11:14 AM EST
Stuart could have his eyes on going back to California after this season.
Jan 10, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
Detroit’s leading scorer takes a seat tonight thanks to injury.
Oct 31, 2011, 10:10 AM EST
The Red Wings are locking up the future of their blue line in Niklas Kronwall for seven more years.
Oct 3, 2011, 2:26 PM EST
Fabian Brunnstrom spurned the Detroit Red Wings once to sign with Dallas. This time around he’s thankful to get a contract from them after having a solid tryout with the team.
Sep 28, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
Red Wings forward Danny Cleary will miss at least the rest of the preseason with an upper-body injury.
Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Talk about signing with the right team. After signing with the Detroit Red Wings as a free agent in the offseason, Ian White will be paired with Nicklas Lidstrom on the blueline.
Sep 2, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
The Red Wings are hoping to get negotiations started with Niklas Kronwall soon, which is a good idea because Detroit’s defense could be in a state of flux next summer if Nicklas Lidstorm retires.
Jul 23, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
While the Red Wings were fretting over what Nicklas Lidstrom was going to do this summer, next summer could be a big one for Niklas Kronwall as the future cornerstone of Detroit’s blue line.
Jul 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Seven of the NHL’s top teams have the kind of cap space to get even better through trades, waiver wire pickups and other moves in the 2011-12 season. Find out which ones are flush and what that could mean by reading this post.
Jul 18, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
Tomorrow’s conference call will reveal whether Chris Osgood will retire or spend another season as Jimmy Howard’s backup in Detroit.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:40 AM EST
Is Joey MacDonald going to be the Red Wings backup goalie this year? After signing a two-year deal and with the young goaltending in the minors, you have to wonder.
Jul 1, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
The Penguins are out of the hunt for Jaromir Jagr as GM Ray Shero pulled the team’s offer for the future Hall of Famer.
Great time to be an UFA defenseman: Red Wings sign Jonathan Ericsson to three-year, $9.75 million deal
Jun 30, 2011, 11:33 PM EST
Jonathan Ericsson and the Detroit Red Wings agreed to a 3-year, $9.75 million contract a day before the defenseman was set to become an unrestricted free agent. Did the Red Wings overpay?
Jun 28, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
The Penguins are fully in on Jaromir Jagr now that they’ve made him an official contract offer. Will it be enough to bring him back to Pittsburgh for the first time since 2001?
Jun 16, 2011, 10:49 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr is a free agent in the KHL yet again and while he’s busy looking around for a deal there, his agent is reaching out to NHL teams to gauge their interest and one team in particular is standing out.
May 23, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
There’s going to be a Red Wings defenseman announcing their retirement this offseason but it’s not the one you’re thinking it is.
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
Jan 21, 2011, 2:39 PM EST
If you cooked up a possible theory for how the Red Wings could still get Evgeni Nabokov if he’s claimed on waivers, you’d better eliminate the Devils from your flowchart.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 5
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)