Dec 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Peter Forsberg says they helped make their road to gold a lot easier by losing. That and more in the morning skate.
Dec 17, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
He’s called him “Darth Vader” before, but isn’t he more of a Dr. Doom than anything?
Dec 17, 2011, 9:06 AM EDT
If you’re not geeked up about Selanne’s return to Winnipeg, you have no soul. That and more on the Morning Skate.
Dec 15, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Plus four other notable numbers.
Dec 11, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Don’t look now, but the Blues are one of the top teams in the Western Conference standings…
Dec 6, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Blues would like to keep finding ways to frustrate the bejeezus out of Detroit. With Ken Hitchcock now at the helm, they’ll find a way to do just that.
Dec 6, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is starting to sound like Peter Finch in the movie “Network” these days. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 29, 2011, 8:22 AM EDT
Dale Hunter’s first game as Caps head coach comes against a tough as nails Blues team.
Nov 23, 2011, 9:10 AM EDT
There’s no way Sidney Crosby can do what he did on Monday night all over again… Is there?
Nov 22, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
Mike Richards’ game wasn’t ugly, though.
Nov 22, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Blues are finding their way out of the basement with Ken Hitchcock but duking it out with the Kings will provide a new set of problems.
Nov 18, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Blues winger has missed the last 90 games with a concussion.
Nov 18, 2011, 12:23 AM EDT
Some people said that the NHL had passed Ken Hitchcock by. Some people were wrong.
Nov 15, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
The Blues won’t be playing like the 1999 Dallas Stars.
Three (News) Stars of the Week: Return of the Hitch, What’s up with Reimer?, Staring contest in T-Bay
Nov 11, 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
Thanks for the page views, news stars.
Nov 10, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
Maybe Brian Burke won’t need to work the phones for a decent backup, after all.
Nov 9, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
As if Columbus fans weren’t enjoying the hockey season enough already, Scott Arniel says they’re going to get boring in order to try and win now.
Nov 9, 2011, 12:38 AM EDT
It may have only been one game, but Ken Hitchcock looks like he might be the perfect remedy for the ailing St. Louis Blues.
Nov 8, 2011, 2:51 PM EDT
No, it’s not the nightmare where Kane is a serial killer.
Nov 8, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Hurt by his departure or just moving on? Either way, Columbus president Mike Priest isn’t discussing Ken Hitchcock’s departure to St. Louis.
Nov 7, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
St. Louis will roll with its No. 1 netminder against Chicago.
Nov 7, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
Freshly-minted St. Louis coach spoke to the media today.
Nov 7, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
Blues GM just can’t help reaching out to old Stars.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
Jaroslav Halak is likely secretly happy that Ken Hitchcock is coming to town. His defensive ways will help him get his groove back.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Now that Columbus won’t be able to hire Ken Hitchcock if they let go of Scott Arniel, who’s on their coaching short list? Don’t worry, we came up with our own.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)