Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 AM EDT
The future of the New York Islanders calling Long Island home for the foreseeable future took a major blow tonight as the arena referendum was voted down by Nassau County voters.
May 11, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
A date is set for the Islanders to have a vote on whether or not the residents of Nassau County will OK a $400 million plan to build a new arena for the team.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36