Dec 2, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
Out after getting hit by Florida’s Sean Bergenheim Thursday night.
Nov 4, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
The Kings are supposed to take the next step this year, but if they can’t score goals, they’re not going anywhere.
Oct 15, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
Mike Richards makes his triumphant return to Philadelphia as his overtime assist helps the Kings defeat the Flyers.
Oct 10, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
After Anze Kopitar had his season ended by an ankle injury last year, the Slovenian is showing no signs of rust.
Oct 7, 2011, 4:58 PM EST
Mike Richards won round one of the battle of Richards as his Kings beat Brad Richards’ Rangers 3-2 in overtime today.
Oct 7, 2011, 11:56 AM EST
Dustin Penner’s efforts to redeem himself with Kings fans will be put on hold because he’s expected to miss the Kings’ season-opener against the Rangers this afternoon.
Sep 4, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Ethan Moreau looks back at his time with the Oilers and hopes for better health with the Kings.
Aug 21, 2011, 4:04 PM EST
The Kings and Oilers have had a curious history in swinging deals with each other and building off one another. Kings GM Dean Lombardi is hoping it can pay off in a big way this time around.
Jul 28, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
While Mike Richards is busy trying to put “Dry Island” behind him in Philadelphia, he looks ahead to the challenges in Los Angeles and trying to get the Kings their first ever Stanley Cup.
Apr 22, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
He’s played just five games this year but after a myriad of injuries, Scott Parse will suit up for Game 5 against San Jose.
Apr 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
This morning’s five thoughts show we’ve got worries for a pair of Eastern favorites, some hope for the Kings, and the new “Mr. Clutch” in the NHL Joe Pavelski.
Apr 15, 2011, 2:50 AM EST
Remember when Joe Pavelski was the clutchest Shark of them all in last year’s playoffs? He’s back at it again winning tonight’s Game 1 over L.A. in overtime 3-2.
Apr 14, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Want the lowdown on Game 1 of Kings-Sharks? This video provides a preview of their first-ever playoff match.
Apr 12, 2011, 8:24 PM EST
The Kings will get some offensive help for the playoffs against San Jose as right wing Justin Williams has been cleared to play after suffering a dislocated shoulder three weeks ago.
Apr 11, 2011, 9:45 PM EST
The Kings are likely to avoid trading scoring chances with the Sharks in their first round series, but they still need to score goals, so they hope that Justin Williams can return for Game 1 on Thursday.
Apr 6, 2011, 8:28 PM EST
The Kings haven’t had a ton of great injury news lately, but here’s a ray of light: Justin Williams might recover from a dislocated shoulder a week earlier than expected.
Mar 30, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
Mike Milbury talks about the Capitals getting healthier just in time for the playoffs and the Kings losing two crucial members of their team at the worst time possible.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Which teams were hit the hardest by injuries and which squads were the healthiest so far this season? This post answers those questions and also studies who rolled with the punches and who took advantage of good fortune.
Mar 22, 2011, 10:33 PM EST
Justin Williams will miss the rest of the regular season with a dislocated shoulder. The injury takes 3-4 weeks to heal; which would be the end of the 1st round.
Feb 28, 2011, 10:21 AM EST
So far, the Kings’ biggest move hasn’t been a trade, but rather signing Justin Williams to a four-year, $14.6 million extension. Williams is a great player … when he’s healthy, but is this is a good gamble for the Kings?
Feb 25, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Another night, another amazing save from Minnesota’s Niklas Backstrom. This time Justin Williams of the Kings gets denied in heroic fashion by the Finnish wonder.
Feb 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
With Evgeni Malkin likely done for the season and playoffs, the Penguins must move on. How will they use a sudden glut of cap space to try to fill some of that void? Read this post for some suggestions and speculation.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 8
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 84
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 75
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 66
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (84)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (76)