Dec 7, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
Preds coach disappointed with decision to suspend.
Dec 7, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
What would you do with Theo Fleury’s Stanley Cup ring? Find that out and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 6, 2011, 10:32 PM EST
Shanahan explains why David Booth didn’t receive the Shanaban.
Dec 6, 2011, 3:54 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan warned there would be “heightened sensitivity to the well-being of our goaltenders,” and Tootoo’s suspension is proof.
Dec 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
So sayeth the Shanahan.
Dec 6, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Brooks Laich is starting to sound like Peter Finch in the movie “Network” these days. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
You didn’t really think Jordin Tootoo was going to get away with blowing up Ryan Miller the way he did, did you?
Dec 4, 2011, 11:08 AM EST
In his first game back from a concussion, Sabres goalie gets nailed by Jordin Tootoo.
Nov 9, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
The Ducks and Predators kinda hate each other.
Nov 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Ryan Getzlaf and Jordin Tootoo get to say hi again after Getzlaf called out Tootoo for what he thinks was less-than-sportsmanlike play. Just another day on the pond for the Morning Skate.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EST
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 29, 2011, 1:14 AM EST
Roberto Luongo stopped 20 shots while Chris Higgins scored the game’s only goal as Vancouver took a 1-0 lead in their second round series.
Apr 24, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
The Predators are headed to the second round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history after taking out the Ducks in six games with a 4-2 win tonight.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 23, 2011, 1:48 AM EST
The Ducks thought they had this one in check. Turns out no one told the Predators the game was over as they win it 4-3 in overtime to take a 3-2 series lead.
Apr 17, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
If Mike Fisher keeps this up, he might be more than just Mr. Carrie Underwood in Nashville. He might be the guy who helped the Predators finally reach the second round of the playoffs.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Jordin Tootoo was cleared to play in NHL action again as he remains in the “follow-up care phase” of the league’s substance abuse program. Reports indicate that he might actually play in Nashville’s game against Phoenix tonight, too.
Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
While Jordin Tootoo won’t be able to travel with the team or appear in NHL games, he was cleared to practice with the Nashville Predators again today.
Dec 27, 2010, 6:24 PM EST
Jordin Tootoo will be taking a break from hockey to get some personal matters squared away.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 12
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 12
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)