Dec 6, 2011, 3:54 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan warned there would be “heightened sensitivity to the well-being of our goaltenders,” and Tootoo’s suspension is proof.
Dec 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
So sayeth the Shanahan.
Dec 6, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Brooks Laich is starting to sound like Peter Finch in the movie “Network” these days. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 5, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
You didn’t really think Jordin Tootoo was going to get away with blowing up Ryan Miller the way he did, did you?
Dec 4, 2011, 11:08 AM EST
In his first game back from a concussion, Sabres goalie gets nailed by Jordin Tootoo.
Nov 9, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
The Ducks and Predators kinda hate each other.
Nov 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Ryan Getzlaf and Jordin Tootoo get to say hi again after Getzlaf called out Tootoo for what he thinks was less-than-sportsmanlike play. Just another day on the pond for the Morning Skate.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EST
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 29, 2011, 1:14 AM EST
Roberto Luongo stopped 20 shots while Chris Higgins scored the game’s only goal as Vancouver took a 1-0 lead in their second round series.
Apr 24, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
The Predators are headed to the second round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history after taking out the Ducks in six games with a 4-2 win tonight.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 23, 2011, 1:48 AM EST
The Ducks thought they had this one in check. Turns out no one told the Predators the game was over as they win it 4-3 in overtime to take a 3-2 series lead.
Apr 17, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
If Mike Fisher keeps this up, he might be more than just Mr. Carrie Underwood in Nashville. He might be the guy who helped the Predators finally reach the second round of the playoffs.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Jordin Tootoo was cleared to play in NHL action again as he remains in the “follow-up care phase” of the league’s substance abuse program. Reports indicate that he might actually play in Nashville’s game against Phoenix tonight, too.
Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
While Jordin Tootoo won’t be able to travel with the team or appear in NHL games, he was cleared to practice with the Nashville Predators again today.
Dec 27, 2010, 6:24 PM EST
Jordin Tootoo will be taking a break from hockey to get some personal matters squared away.
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 15
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)