Feb 5, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
The Caps and Penguins are both bubbling over with success of late and considering how both teams were filled with superstars, injuries aren’t slowing the Pens down while the Caps stars are finally showing up.
Feb 5, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Wondering how long exactly Evgeni Malkin will be out of action? Some reports are saying it’ll be at least six months.
Feb 5, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
The Penguins season took a terrible turn today with news of star forward Evgeni Malkin tearing both the MCL and ACL in his right knee. He’s done for the year.
Feb 3, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
This week on Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick, Mike addresses the Rick DiPietro fight, Jordan Staal’s sucker punch on Brandon Prust, and whether or not the Rangers are a real Cup contender.
Feb 2, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
After a lot of confusion, it turns out Jordan Staal will play tonight for the Penguins.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Pens in the news today. Staal will sit for one game while Evgeni Malkin was placed on injured reserve retroactively this morning.
Feb 1, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Pittsburgh’s Jordan Staal was kicked out of tonight’s game against the Rangers for sucker punching Brandon Prust. In related news, Prust is in the running for next year’s Academy Awards for embellishing the hit.
Jan 15, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Penguins get clutch performances from Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury to hold off the Bruins in Boston.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
All seemed to be going well with the Penguins leading Boston 2-0 late in the third period. A couple bad penalties and defensive plays later and the Pens end up losing by two.
Jan 6, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Cam Ward robbed Marc Staal last night for the January 5th save of the night.
Jan 1, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Penguins forward Jordan Staal will make his season debut at the Winter Classic tonight.
Dec 31, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
Pens phenom center Jordan Staal will be a game-time decision for the Winter Classic.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
It might not be much more than dreaming big, but after returning to practice today, Jordan Staal isn’t ruling out the possibility that he might be able to play in the Winter Classic on Saturday.
Dec 11, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
The latest scuttlebutt about Jordan Staal isn’t good: rumors are circulating that he “re-broke” his hand.
Dec 7, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT presents an in-depth breakdown of an insane run by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury. You’ll find the numbers you’ll read in many other places, but most importantly, there are also obscure/deeper stats to stimulate your mind this morning.
Dec 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Bad news for Pittsburgh as they’ll be without Evgeni Malkin tonight. The good news is that they still have Sidney Crosby.
Nov 1, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Remember this morning when we told you that Jordan Staal would be returning this week? Yeah, about that…
Nov 1, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
If you’re a Penguins fan that’s been frustrated with the team’s start to the season, fear not. Reinforcements are on the way.
Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 PM EDT
While the Penguins and Brent Johnson are on a torrid pace, there’s no doubt that they must miss their four most noteworthy injured players: Jordan Staal, Zbynek Michalek, Brooks Orpik and Arron Asham. While it’s unclear when exactly the four will return to the ice, TSN passes along the good news that each skater at least took the ice on Tuesday, with Staal, Michalek and Asham actually appearing in practice with the team.
Oct 13, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
Penguins forward Jordan Staal remains out of the lineup recovering from multiple off-season surgeries on his right foot. There is good news today, however, for Pens fans. Jordan Staal took to the ice for the first time this morning in Pittsburgh as Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports. For the on-ice session at Consol…
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)