Feb 1, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Pittsburgh’s Jordan Staal was kicked out of tonight’s game against the Rangers for sucker punching Brandon Prust. In related news, Prust is in the running for next year’s Academy Awards for embellishing the hit.
Jan 15, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Penguins get clutch performances from Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury to hold off the Bruins in Boston.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
All seemed to be going well with the Penguins leading Boston 2-0 late in the third period. A couple bad penalties and defensive plays later and the Pens end up losing by two.
Jan 6, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Cam Ward robbed Marc Staal last night for the January 5th save of the night.
Jan 1, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Penguins forward Jordan Staal will make his season debut at the Winter Classic tonight.
Dec 31, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
Pens phenom center Jordan Staal will be a game-time decision for the Winter Classic.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
It might not be much more than dreaming big, but after returning to practice today, Jordan Staal isn’t ruling out the possibility that he might be able to play in the Winter Classic on Saturday.
Dec 11, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
The latest scuttlebutt about Jordan Staal isn’t good: rumors are circulating that he “re-broke” his hand.
Dec 7, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT presents an in-depth breakdown of an insane run by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury. You’ll find the numbers you’ll read in many other places, but most importantly, there are also obscure/deeper stats to stimulate your mind this morning.
Dec 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Bad news for Pittsburgh as they’ll be without Evgeni Malkin tonight. The good news is that they still have Sidney Crosby.
Nov 1, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Remember this morning when we told you that Jordan Staal would be returning this week? Yeah, about that…
Nov 1, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
If you’re a Penguins fan that’s been frustrated with the team’s start to the season, fear not. Reinforcements are on the way.
Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 PM EDT
While the Penguins and Brent Johnson are on a torrid pace, there’s no doubt that they must miss their four most noteworthy injured players: Jordan Staal, Zbynek Michalek, Brooks Orpik and Arron Asham. While it’s unclear when exactly the four will return to the ice, TSN passes along the good news that each skater at least took the ice on Tuesday, with Staal, Michalek and Asham actually appearing in practice with the team.
Oct 13, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
Penguins forward Jordan Staal remains out of the lineup recovering from multiple off-season surgeries on his right foot. There is good news today, however, for Pens fans. Jordan Staal took to the ice for the first time this morning in Pittsburgh as Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports. For the on-ice session at Consol…
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)