Oct 23, 2011, 1:29 AM EDT
After three straight shutouts and allowing just five goals in six games, Jonathan Quick just might be the best goalie in the league.
Oct 21, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Hey Tampa, where are those Tesla coils we were promised? That plus a hugfest between Colton Orr and Shawn Thorning in today’s Morning Skate.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
After acquiring Mike Richards and Simon Gagne (and re-signing Drew Doughty), some say this could be the best Kings team in franchise history. But will that be enough to win the Pacific and make a deep run into the playoffs this season?
Sep 19, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
The Kings are busy sweating things out negotiating with Drew Doughty, but one area they won’t have to worry about is in goal with Jonathan Quick and Jonathan Bernier.
Jul 4, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
With America on the brain during this holiday, we must ask: has there ever been a better time for U.S. born goaltenders?
Apr 26, 2011, 1:55 AM EDT
The 2011 playoffs continue to dispel “choking” arguments, as Joe Thornton scored the overtime goal that ended the Kings-Sharks series. Read all about another dramatic game in this post.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:47 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick made a Kings’ franchise playoff record 51 saves to help the Kings overcome a 30-shot difference and beat the Sharks 3-1. Read all about the stark contrast between his game and Antti Niemi’s debacle in this post.
Apr 20, 2011, 5:31 AM EDT
The Kings became the first team in 26 years to lose a playoff game after building a 4-0 lead. How will the team and its coach react to such a brutal loss?
Mar 22, 2011, 2:22 AM EDT
The Kings gave themselves a small (but valuable) cushion in the West while things look a bit dire for the Flames after L.A. won the two teams’ shootout.
Mar 18, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
Kings coach Terry Murray was not happy that Los Angeles fans booed their own team during their 4-0 loss to the Blues Thursday night.
Mar 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Apologies to Jonathan Quick, but Alex Pietrangelo’s half-ice humiliation earned the March 17th Goal of the Night.
Mar 1, 2011, 1:59 AM EDT
While the Kings may have won trade deadline day by acquiring Dustin Penner, they lost their game tonight against Detroit in flamboyant fashion 7-4.
Feb 26, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Kings almost coughed up a 4-0 lead in the second half of the third period, but they eventually held off the Avalanche for an important 4-3 win.
Feb 15, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
This week’s edition of Ask the Expert, Mike Milbury talks about the job Guy Boucher and Steve Yzerman have done in Tampa as well as about the Kings playoff chances in the West.
Feb 1, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
The NHL named the three stars of the week for January 24-30th: Eric Staal, Jonathan Quick and Michael Grabner.
Dec 19, 2010, 10:02 PM EDT
The Blackhawks held on to beat the Kings 3-2 tonight. Click “read more” for the run down of that game.
Dec 14, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Jon Quick’s 51-save night wouldn’t be complete without earning our save of the night award. Thankfully he obliged us with one pretty sweet save on Darren Helm.
Oct 23, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
With only 60 or so jobs available, life isn’t easy for the types of goalies who aren’t automatic $5 million+ starters. Just look at the careers of guys who had some low moments but actually put together solid numbers like (don’t laugh … too much) Roman Cechmanek. He had a few shaky moments after being…
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 3
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 13
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)