May 2, 2013, 8:19 AM EDT
Three other games take place on a loaded night for playoffs.
May 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
A day after the Wings’ big win in Game 5, we’re left marveling at Pavel Datsyuk. We’re also awfully curious about Jeremy Roenick’s take on Patrick Marleau too.
Apr 26, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Just what went wrong for the L.A. Kings in getting bounced out of the playoffs? We’ve got it all figured out. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Apr 25, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
If we’re understanding the playoffs correctly, Pittsburgh and San Jose should be huge favorites on the road tonight to win their series. Tampa Bay and Los Angeles will look to protect home ice and force Game 7s.
Apr 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Penguins might be leading their series with Tampa Bay, but they’ve got a reason or two to be nervous. Also, Washington’s toughness, the joy of a rivalry, Jon Quick’s bounce-back game, and Flyers goalie roulette.
Apr 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Today’s action sees the Canadiens look to put a stranglehold on the series with Boston, Vancouver to wrap things up against Chicago, and to see if the Kings can pick themselves up off the floor.
Apr 19, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The Blackhawks face elimination at home against Vancouver while the Kings look to continue putting a scare into San Jose in Los Angeles.
Apr 17, 2011, 1:25 AM EDT
The Kings needed to find offense after Anze Kopitar went down with an ankle injury. Turns out their defense decided to step things up for them.
Apr 15, 2011, 2:50 AM EDT
Remember when Joe Pavelski was the clutchest Shark of them all in last year’s playoffs? He’s back at it again winning tonight’s Game 1 over L.A. in overtime 3-2.
Apr 11, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
It’s a battle of California in the playoffs for the first time and unfortunately, both teams are going in different directions. We pick on the Kings and Sharks as PHT Predicts this series.
Mar 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk makes scoring look so easy sometimes it’s not fair.
Feb 13, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
We sum things up from the other four games this afternoon featuring the Rangers snapping a losing streak, the Isles and Sabres in a wild one, the Kings locking it down against Philly, and the Jackets hanging on against Dallas.
Feb 11, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
With a lineup that featured a gang of forwards that mostly started the year in the AHL, the Penguins held strong and beat the Kings in overtime 2-1.
Jan 21, 2011, 6:13 AM EDT
Martin Hanzal’s controversial second period goal has Kings GM Dean Lombardi steaming mad about the Toronto war room reviewing the call.
Kings goalie Jon Quick with performance of the season with 51-save shutout in Kings 5-0 win over Detroit
Dec 13, 2010, 10:41 PM EDT
We’re going to say this was the goaltending performance of the year to this point. When you shutout the Red Wings in Detroit and make 51 saves to do it, it’s a virtual no-brainer.
Nov 23, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Our goal of the night comes courtesy of Ottawa’s playmaking specialist Jason Spezza who stickhandles with the best of them.
Nov 22, 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
It’s time to tip your cap to a superstar tonight as Alex Kovalev became the 76th player in NHL history to earn 1,000 points in his career. In the first period, Kovalev put home a rebound of a tipped Sergei Gonchar shot for a first period goal. The fans in Ottawa saluted Kovalev with a…
Oct 22, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
If you’re a recently deposed former backup goalie in the NHL who was waived, what’s your next step for work? Turns out, playing in Europe is the answer.
Oct 13, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
With just two games happening on Tuesday night, summing things up for the night is really easy.
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 0
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 3
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 22
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 54
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)