Jul 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
After five seasons running the Islanders, Garth Snow is slowly rebuilding the team. Is there reason to have hope on Long Island?
May 25, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
After getting Calder Trophy candidate Michael Grabner locked up a couple weeks ago, the Islanders are taking care of more of their future by signing Kyle Okposo to a five year extension.
Apr 7, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
On this week’s “Ask The Expert” with Mike Milbury, Mike answers your questions on the importance of home ice in the playoffs as well as answering your questions about the future of the Devils and Islanders.
Mar 7, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Vote for the February 28-March 6th Goal of the Week. The contestants are Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin, Bobby Ryan, Niklas Backstrom, Artem Anisimov, John Tavares and Alexander Semin.
Mar 6, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
There were two amazing goals among the very good ones last night, but John Tavares ultimately edges James van Riemsdyk for the March 5th Goal of the Night.
Feb 14, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
With Tyler Seguin becoming a regular healthy scratch, it begs the question: did the Bruins rush him into the NHL this season?
Jan 23, 2011, 12:34 AM EDT
A report out tonight says Sidney Crosby will be skipping the All-Star Game after missing the last two weeks thanks to a concussion. So who takes his spot in the game?
Jan 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
John Tavares had the last laugh on Saturday, but Ryan Miller made an outstanding stop on a 2-0 that ended up being the January 15′s save of the night.
Jan 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Loui Eriksson and James Neal connected on a great 2-on-1 goal against helpless defenseman Dustin Byfuglien and goalie Ondrej Pavelec for January 15th’s goal of the night.
Jan 15, 2011, 11:52 PM EDT
Here are summaries of the night’s first 10 games, including a natural hat trick for John Tavares and Ray Whitney earning the 900th point of his NHL career.
Dec 5, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Should the NHL take over the fledgling New York Islanders franchise, as New York Post writer Larry Brooks suggests?
Oct 24, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Last night saw three different players score hat tricks in the NHL for the second night in a row. Which player had the most impressive hat trick of the bunch?
Oct 23, 2010, 10:20 PM EDT
If the Islanders didn’t have John Tavares, they wouldn’t have been on the scoreboard all night long. The Panthers took down the Islanders 4-3 but Islanders star John Tavares wouldn’t go down quietly, netting his first NHL hat trick in the defeat.
Oct 18, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
Well, the dream run had to end some time, right? Maybe you can picture a perfect season in football, but in hockey, it’s usually nice to just have a perfect couple weeks. After rushing to an impressive 4-0 season opening run, the Toronto Maple Leafs settled for a “charity point” as John Tavares scored in…
Oct 16, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Good news, everyone! Well, for everyone who is an Islanders fan at least.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 42
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)