Mar 30, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
He had his 12th career 50-point season this year.
Apr 21, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
Steve Chernoski hasn’t been happy with the Devils’ coach so far.
Dec 26, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
“So, uh…did you have a good Christmas?”
Dec 18, 2011, 12:07 PM EDT
Veteran LW passed franchise legend John MacLean last night.
Dec 1, 2011, 9:06 AM EDT
John MacLean is joining Kirk Muller in Carolina as an assistant coach.
Nov 15, 2011, 7:54 AM EDT
The guys on Versus discuss what made this year’s induction class to the Hockey Hall of Fame such a great group to remember.
Oct 9, 2011, 1:18 AM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk clearly responded differently to Jacques Lemaire last season. Will Peter DeBoer get the same kind of effort out of the Russian star, or will the Devils’ $100 million man tune him out?
Apr 10, 2011, 7:27 PM EDT
Devils coach Jacques Lemaire says he won’t return to coaching again next season. After being pulled out of retirement to help turn the team around this year, retirement seems to be for real this time.
Dec 23, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Click “Read More” to find out how highest paid player Ilya Kovalchuk, team captain Jamie Langenbrunner and Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek reacted to the New Jersey’s decision to replace coach John MacLean with Lou Lamoriello.
Dec 23, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Why Jacques Lemaire? And what does Devils captain Jamie Langenbrunner make of all this? We speculate promptly.
Dec 23, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Something had to give in New Jersey and this time it was John MacLean. Devils bring back an old friend to take over.
Nov 26, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
The streak is over for the Islanders and now the focus turns to just how ugly the Devils season really is.
Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 PM EDT
When it comes down to it, there are plenty of people to blame for the Devils’ second worst start in franchise history. If you really want one scapegoat badly, though, look no further than venerable GM Lou Lamoriello.
Nov 18, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
A bad game only gets made worse with a bad injury, and for the New Jersey Devils they went through this same dance just a week ago. During the Devils 3-1 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs in Toronto, Martin Brodeur left the game after two periods suffering another arm injury. Johan Hedberg took over…
Nov 8, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
With various teams generating rumors about coaches getting fired, which out-of-work bench bosses might be ready to step into the league? Click “Read more” to find out.
Nov 7, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
The Devils might be the worst team in the NHL right now, but John MacLean is “confident.” At least that’s what he’s saying.
Nov 6, 2010, 4:24 PM EDT
While the Devils, Sabres and Ducks might fire their coaches, maybe they should take a look at their general managers too.
Oct 27, 2010, 3:56 PM EDT
Hindsight is 20/20 and let’s face it: coaches are often judged by their results (wins, losses, playoff berths, etc.) rather than the content of their decisions. New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton was heralded as a genius for winning the Super Bowl largely based on a well-timed onside kick, but if it backfired, he probably…
Oct 25, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello gives head coach John MacLean a vote of confidence. Is it time for John MacLean to start worrying?
Oct 23, 2010, 11:09 PM EDT
When a team is struggling, sometimes you need a spark to jump the team. Perhaps Devils coach John MacLean might want to pick on someone other than Ilya Kovalchuk to send a message… If that’s even the case.
Oct 13, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
The life of a head coach in the NHL isn’t all cliche answers to a reporter’s questions and looking dapper in a suit behind the bench. Sometimes cracking a few heads in practice is part of the job, just that that part of the job doesn’t always happen three games into the season. Welcome to…
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)