Feb 15, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
Red Wings starter out since Feb. 2 with a broken finger.
Feb 6, 2012, 11:24 PM EST
Joey MacDonald was acceptable but Mike Smith was fantastic.
Feb 4, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
He might be hurt for up to six weeks.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
People always wonder about the “what ifs” in life. Detroit goaltender Joey MacDonald revealed that he was close to signing with Yaroslavl this offseason before the Red Wings offered a one-way contract. What if…
Jul 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EST
The Red Wings confirmed rumors that Ty Conklin will be Jimmy Howard’s backup in 2011-12.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:06 AM EST
Chris Osgood won’t be the Red Wings backup next season, but reports indicate that they’ll bring back another familiar face in Ty Conklin.
Jul 18, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
Tomorrow’s conference call will reveal whether Chris Osgood will retire or spend another season as Jimmy Howard’s backup in Detroit.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:40 AM EST
Is Joey MacDonald going to be the Red Wings backup goalie this year? After signing a two-year deal and with the young goaltending in the minors, you have to wonder.
Apr 4, 2011, 11:20 PM EST
Who made last week’s best save? Your choices are: Joey MacDonald, Ryan Miller, Jhonas Enroth, Chris Mason, Mahtieu Garon, Jimmy Howard and Miikka Kiprusoff.
Mar 31, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of Wednesday’s two games in the West and what it meant for the playoff picture.
Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Joey MacDonald stopped Michael Frolik on a point blank shot to earn the March 28th Save of the Night.
Mar 28, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Marian Hossa’s overtime power play game-winner earned the Blackhawks a crucial win against the Red Wings. Read this post for a recap of the game, along with an updated look at the race for the West’s final playoff spots.
Mar 28, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
Nagging injuries can be the most annoying and for Detroit getting Johan Franzen back after a nagging groin issue is a relief.
Mar 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
After quite the injury scare on Saturday, it sounds like Jimmy Howard’s shoulder injury is only a sprain.
Mar 26, 2011, 10:39 PM EST
Jimmy Howard left tonight’s game with an upper body injury. How hard do you think coach Mike Babcock is sweating now?
Mar 23, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
Chris Osgood’s groin still isn’t healthy and that’s bad news for Detroit as Jimmy Howard has been struggling of late.
Mar 21, 2011, 10:54 PM EST
The Penguins blew a 4-0 lead against the Red Wings, but James Neal helped them earn two points anyway by scoring the shootout winner.
Mar 14, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Jimmy Howard gets himself some help finally as Chris Osgood has been activated by the Red Wings.
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 19, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Jimmy Howard says he’s ready to play for Detroit after bruising his knee and his return comes not a moment too soon.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:21 PM EST
Remember how injuries were starting to creep up on the Red Wings? They might have a major one to deal with tonight as starting goalie Jimmy Howard leaves the game early.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:43 PM EST
The Red Wings placed Pavel Datsyuk on the IR to make room for minor league goalie Joey MacDonald.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)