Feb 15, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
Red Wings starter out since Feb. 2 with a broken finger.
Feb 6, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Joey MacDonald was acceptable but Mike Smith was fantastic.
Feb 4, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
He might be hurt for up to six weeks.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
People always wonder about the “what ifs” in life. Detroit goaltender Joey MacDonald revealed that he was close to signing with Yaroslavl this offseason before the Red Wings offered a one-way contract. What if…
Jul 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
The Red Wings confirmed rumors that Ty Conklin will be Jimmy Howard’s backup in 2011-12.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:06 AM EDT
Chris Osgood won’t be the Red Wings backup next season, but reports indicate that they’ll bring back another familiar face in Ty Conklin.
Jul 18, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
Tomorrow’s conference call will reveal whether Chris Osgood will retire or spend another season as Jimmy Howard’s backup in Detroit.
Jul 11, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Is Joey MacDonald going to be the Red Wings backup goalie this year? After signing a two-year deal and with the young goaltending in the minors, you have to wonder.
Apr 4, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
Who made last week’s best save? Your choices are: Joey MacDonald, Ryan Miller, Jhonas Enroth, Chris Mason, Mahtieu Garon, Jimmy Howard and Miikka Kiprusoff.
Mar 31, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Wednesday’s two games in the West and what it meant for the playoff picture.
Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Joey MacDonald stopped Michael Frolik on a point blank shot to earn the March 28th Save of the Night.
Mar 28, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Marian Hossa’s overtime power play game-winner earned the Blackhawks a crucial win against the Red Wings. Read this post for a recap of the game, along with an updated look at the race for the West’s final playoff spots.
Mar 28, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Nagging injuries can be the most annoying and for Detroit getting Johan Franzen back after a nagging groin issue is a relief.
Mar 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
After quite the injury scare on Saturday, it sounds like Jimmy Howard’s shoulder injury is only a sprain.
Mar 26, 2011, 10:39 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard left tonight’s game with an upper body injury. How hard do you think coach Mike Babcock is sweating now?
Mar 23, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Chris Osgood’s groin still isn’t healthy and that’s bad news for Detroit as Jimmy Howard has been struggling of late.
Mar 21, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
The Penguins blew a 4-0 lead against the Red Wings, but James Neal helped them earn two points anyway by scoring the shootout winner.
Mar 14, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Jimmy Howard gets himself some help finally as Chris Osgood has been activated by the Red Wings.
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 19, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard says he’s ready to play for Detroit after bruising his knee and his return comes not a moment too soon.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
Remember how injuries were starting to creep up on the Red Wings? They might have a major one to deal with tonight as starting goalie Jimmy Howard leaves the game early.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
The Red Wings placed Pavel Datsyuk on the IR to make room for minor league goalie Joey MacDonald.
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 1
- Lack’s Canucks win to end weekend of awkward reunions for Luongo 1
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 3
- NHL reschedules Blue Jackets-Stars game halted by Peverley collapse to April 9 1
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 8
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 17
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)