Dec 29, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
It’s almost like you can write a song about the Blues coach. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 23, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Then again, maybe it’s a weakness.
Dec 22, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
“Sticking up for your teammate is what it’s all about.”
Dec 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Peter Forsberg says they helped make their road to gold a lot easier by losing. That and more in the morning skate.
Dec 7, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Joel Quenneville denies there’s a goaltending controversy in Chicago.
Dec 2, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Kaner moves back to his natural RW.
Nov 8, 2011, 2:51 PM EDT
No, it’s not the nightmare where Kane is a serial killer.
Nov 1, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The power play in Chicago has been incredibly unproductive in the early going. How dangerous will the Hawks be when they figure out how to score on the man advantage?
Oct 27, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
The former Blackhawks great was thrilled to see Chicago’s latest star pull off his patented move.
Oct 25, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
The Blackhawks are winless in the shootout this year and have yet to convert a single opportunity.
Oct 12, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
After being a revelation in training camp for the Blackhawks, Brandon Saad is headed back to junior hockey.
Oct 12, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Corey Crawford has a wonky groin, Ray Emery has got… something going on, and Alexander Salak is coming back up. Problems in Chicago?
Oct 7, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Surprisingly enough, the Blackhawks will roll Patrick Kane out at center during the team’s season opener against the Stars tonight.
Oct 3, 2011, 12:25 AM EDT
Will the Chicago Blackhawks be able to shake off the Stanley Cup hangover from last season and regain their focus for 82 games? If they can, the league better watch out– they still have enough talent to win it all.
Oct 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Chicago has one more preseason game left to play and with it, coach Joel Quenneville has a lot of lineup choices left to make.
Sep 30, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Although he said that he didn’t intend to hit Ben Smith in the head, Brendan Smith still expressed remorse for the end result.
Sep 29, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
With injuries to Viktor Stalberg and Ben Smith in Chicago, it’s the chance of a lifetime for 2011 second round pick Brandon Saad.
Sep 29, 2011, 1:24 AM EDT
Both Mike Babcock and Joel Quenneville saw Brendan Smith’s hit on Ben Smith. It was only one play, yet the two coaches have two different perspectives on what went down at the United Center.
Sep 25, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
It’s no secret that the Chicago Blackhawks are looking for someone to fill the void they have at center on their second line. But is Patrick Kane the answer?
Sep 25, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT
Corey Crawford ripped the starting job away from Marty Turco in the middle of last season. Now, he’ll try to prove that he can succeed while being the undisputed #1 from the very beginning of training camp.
Sep 23, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
Despite allowing four goals in the third period, Ray Emery continues to battle as he tries to earn the back-up goaltender role in Chicago. But if he’s unsuccessful, will he get a shot somewhere else?
Sep 16, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Patrick Kane’s surgically repaired wrist will be an issue in training camp for the Blackhawks, but he kicks off camp with no limitations on using it.
Sep 12, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
The good news for Patrick Sharp is he’ll soon be feeling better after an emergency appendectomy. The bad news is that he’ll miss the next 3-4 weeks of action.
Aug 24, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
He might not get the fame and recognition of scorers such as Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews, but Dave Bolland has proven to be a valuable player for the Blackhawks. The team hopes that he can put together a breakthrough 2011-12 season, but that would require him to stay healthy after two injury marred campaigns.
Aug 23, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
If you needed to feel better about your singing skills, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will have you auditioning for “The Voice” immediately.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 0
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 7
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 39
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 48
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (49)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)