Aug 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
He’s the last free agent for the Avs to re-sign.
Aug 21, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
A Stanley Cup and a Conn Smythe in separate years is a nice legacy.
Aug 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They were teammates in Calgary for two seasons.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Their offense brought joy, their defense brought anguish.
Jun 25, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
He’s spent eight seasons in Colorado.
Jun 11, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic being in charge helps out.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Pulling the goalie with three minutes went over very well.
Feb 21, 2014, 2:25 AM EDT
They’re eligible to trade him on Feb. 28.
Feb 7, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Players getting time off might be at a disadvantage.
Nov 13, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT
He played 14 seasons in the NHL, all with Colorado.
Aug 19, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
What’s old is new again in Denver.
May 23, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Mike Milbury isn’t totally certain.
Jul 6, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Colorado called on the Hockey Hall of Famer to put its offer over the top.
Jun 26, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Pavel Bure was a surprising choice, but received the backing of a fellow Hall of Famer.
Mar 1, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
His next target? Mario Lemieux at seventh place.
Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
If it wasn’t already clear enough, the Avalanche can say officially say goodbye to their great first generation of hockey now that Peter Forsberg’s jersey number will be retired.
Oct 6, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
As Jaromir Jagr’s return to the NHL and hopes to win a Stanley Cup in Philadelphia begin tonight, he’s one point away from a milestone number in his NHL career.
Aug 19, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
After 12 seasons and an injury riddled 2010-2011 season, Chris Drury is hanging it up for good and retiring from the NHL leaving a legacy as a leader and clutch performer.
Aug 11, 2011, 8:27 PM EDT
The Avalanche sweaters might be pretty good, but compared to what they were running with in their past it’s tough to keep up with a legendary look.
Former Avalanche captain Joe Sakic sinks $1 million hole-in-one at charity golf tournament (with video)
Jul 17, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Joe Sakic is a hero to many in Denver thanks to hockey, but now he’s a hero to charity thanks to sinking a $1 million hole-in-one at the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
Jun 28, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
While there’s already a healthy waiting list of players more than eligible for the Hockey Hall of Fame, it’s sure to grow a bit longer in the future as the classes of newly eligible players are only going to get better.
Jun 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Now that we know the 2011 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees, the natural next question is: who was the biggest snub? Moving forward, the next wave of eligible players will make it tough for those scorned hopefuls to be part of the 2012 class.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Avalanche announced some front office moves today, including Adam Deadmarsh’s promotion to the position of assistant coach.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)