Nov 13, 2013, 9:12 AM EST
He played 14 seasons in the NHL, all with Colorado.
Aug 19, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
What’s old is new again in Denver.
May 23, 2013, 8:26 PM EST
Mike Milbury isn’t totally certain.
Jul 6, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
Colorado called on the Hockey Hall of Famer to put its offer over the top.
Jun 26, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Pavel Bure was a surprising choice, but received the backing of a fellow Hall of Famer.
Mar 1, 2012, 9:32 PM EST
His next target? Mario Lemieux at seventh place.
Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
If it wasn’t already clear enough, the Avalanche can say officially say goodbye to their great first generation of hockey now that Peter Forsberg’s jersey number will be retired.
Oct 6, 2011, 4:38 PM EST
As Jaromir Jagr’s return to the NHL and hopes to win a Stanley Cup in Philadelphia begin tonight, he’s one point away from a milestone number in his NHL career.
Aug 19, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
After 12 seasons and an injury riddled 2010-2011 season, Chris Drury is hanging it up for good and retiring from the NHL leaving a legacy as a leader and clutch performer.
Aug 11, 2011, 8:27 PM EST
The Avalanche sweaters might be pretty good, but compared to what they were running with in their past it’s tough to keep up with a legendary look.
Former Avalanche captain Joe Sakic sinks $1 million hole-in-one at charity golf tournament (with video)
Jul 17, 2011, 5:35 PM EST
Joe Sakic is a hero to many in Denver thanks to hockey, but now he’s a hero to charity thanks to sinking a $1 million hole-in-one at the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EST
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
Jun 28, 2011, 5:38 PM EST
While there’s already a healthy waiting list of players more than eligible for the Hockey Hall of Fame, it’s sure to grow a bit longer in the future as the classes of newly eligible players are only going to get better.
Jun 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
Now that we know the 2011 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees, the natural next question is: who was the biggest snub? Moving forward, the next wave of eligible players will make it tough for those scorned hopefuls to be part of the 2012 class.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
The Avalanche announced some front office moves today, including Adam Deadmarsh’s promotion to the position of assistant coach.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of Steve Yzerman and Cam Neely, Joe Sakic takes a front office job with the Colorado Avalanche.
Jan 10, 2011, 2:01 PM EST
While 2011 won’t be a “Crosby draft,” two Swedes topped the mid-season prospect rankings: OHL forward Gabriel Landeskog and Swedish Elite League defenseman Adam Larsson. Find out more about those prospects (and more) in this post.
Dec 17, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Marc Crawford is proving a lot of people wrong as the Dallas Stars are exceeding the expectations of many observers this season.
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 1
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 7
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 9
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 60
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)