Aug 17, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Changes came after missing the playoffs for the fifth straight year.
Apr 28, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Jim Nill will likely take over for him.
Apr 2, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
Joe Nieuwendyk has his hands full.
Apr 2, 2013, 7:22 AM EDT
Lose a few games and look at what happens. Your day’s links ahead.
Mar 17, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
They need answers after an 8-1 loss to Chicago.
Jul 11, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
They’ve all got names new to you. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jun 25, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
He could provide a lot of sandpaper-like play for any team.
Jun 13, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Served last year under Glen Gulutzan behind the Stars bench.
Apr 9, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
“There is absolutely no chance that Joe and Gully aren’t back.”
Feb 29, 2012, 8:31 PM EDT
Their new owner has money, but the current roster is a model of efficiency.
Feb 3, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
Tom Gaglardi is willing to spend money, but he’ll likely do it with an eye towards the future.
Jan 24, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The Stars GM would like his team to know it gets better.
Jan 23, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
He’s doing well, but not James Neal- well.
Dec 27, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Richard Bachman will now serve as Dallas’ No. 2.
Nov 27, 2011, 6:53 PM EDT
Stars GM willing to roll with Raycroft and Bachman.
Nov 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Life will get easier for GM Joe Nieuwendyk with a new owner, but don’t expect any big moves in the near future.
Nov 15, 2011, 7:54 AM EDT
The guys on Versus discuss what made this year’s induction class to the Hockey Hall of Fame such a great group to remember.
Nov 14, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
That and Hall of Fame speeches from Ed Belour, Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.
Nov 14, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
Watch as Ed Belfour, Doug Gilmour, Mark Howe and Joe Nieuwendyk discuss getting the call from the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Oct 27, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
The hockey team is off to a great start and the baseball team is one game away from winning the World Series. Similarities, anyone?
Oct 4, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
The Rangers choice to waive Sean Avery could very well help screw up the Dallas Stars’ salary cap situation. How? The Stars might be off the hook in a special way if Avery is demoted.
Sep 23, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Mike Modano made his retirement official this afternoon – and put on his Dallas Stars number 9 jersey one last time.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
In a fitting gesture, the Stars signed Mike Modano to a “one-day contract” so that he’ll retire with his franchise of 20 out of 21 NHL seasons.
Sep 21, 2011, 6:25 PM EDT
Mike Modano reflects on his retirement decision, while former teammates such as Joe Nieuwendyk and Chris Osgood also share their thoughts on one of the best (and most important) American hockey players of all-time.
Sep 1, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Despite an ownership situation that will prolong the franchise’s sale until the middle of the season, Dallas Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk says he’s had no problem conducting business as usual. Hey, they even increased payroll this offseason.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)