Sep 22, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Pierre–Luc Letourneau-Leblond will sit out the rest of the preseason (four games) and the Flames’ season opener against the Pittsburgh Penguins because of his illegal hit from behind on Canucks forward Matt Clackson.
Sep 22, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
Speculation increases about the possible length of Jody Shelley’s suspension as the Flyers forward decided to waive his right for an in-person interview on the matter.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:27 AM EST
Jody Shelley could be the first person that new NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan gets to discipline after Shelley’s horrible hit from behind on Toronto’s Darryl Boyce.
Mar 6, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
We take a deeper look at today’s NBC Game of the Week between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers.
Feb 14, 2011, 7:13 PM EST
The Maple Leafs continue to clean house for their rebuild and sent Kris Versteeg to Philadelphia for a pair of 2011 draft picks. Question now is, who sits down in Philly or is there another move coming.
Jan 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
While we’re busy figuring out who we think Team Staal and Team Lidstrom will have on their rosters, a pair of Flyers enforcers choose up their own all-star fighting squads.
Jan 13, 2011, 7:37 PM EST
A December 9th concussion might keep Derek “The Boogeyman” Boogaard out for the rest of the season, according to the New York Rangers.
Dec 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EST
Right when you think you’ve figured out how the NHL doles out suspensions, think again.
Dec 13, 2010, 12:35 PM EST
The NHL handed Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley a two-game suspension for his hit from behind on Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid
Dec 12, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley could be facing a suspension for his dirty hit from behind on Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid.
Nov 30, 2010, 11:25 PM EST
One final call to vote propelled Jamie Benn to the November 22-28 goal of the week.
Nov 29, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
Who scored the goal of the week for November 22-28: Jody Shelley, Jamie Benn, Dany Heatley, Alexander Semin, Jason Spezza, Lee Stempniak or Taylor Hall?
Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 AM EST
We’ve got a major soft spot for when an enforcer gets a goal. When the enforcer dekes and scores? You better believe it’s the goal of the night.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)