Sep 22, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Pierre–Luc Letourneau-Leblond will sit out the rest of the preseason (four games) and the Flames’ season opener against the Pittsburgh Penguins because of his illegal hit from behind on Canucks forward Matt Clackson.
Sep 22, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
Speculation increases about the possible length of Jody Shelley’s suspension as the Flyers forward decided to waive his right for an in-person interview on the matter.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:27 AM EDT
Jody Shelley could be the first person that new NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan gets to discipline after Shelley’s horrible hit from behind on Toronto’s Darryl Boyce.
Mar 6, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
We take a deeper look at today’s NBC Game of the Week between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers.
Feb 14, 2011, 7:13 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs continue to clean house for their rebuild and sent Kris Versteeg to Philadelphia for a pair of 2011 draft picks. Question now is, who sits down in Philly or is there another move coming.
Jan 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
While we’re busy figuring out who we think Team Staal and Team Lidstrom will have on their rosters, a pair of Flyers enforcers choose up their own all-star fighting squads.
Jan 13, 2011, 7:37 PM EDT
A December 9th concussion might keep Derek “The Boogeyman” Boogaard out for the rest of the season, according to the New York Rangers.
Dec 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
Right when you think you’ve figured out how the NHL doles out suspensions, think again.
Dec 13, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
The NHL handed Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley a two-game suspension for his hit from behind on Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid
Dec 12, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley could be facing a suspension for his dirty hit from behind on Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid.
Nov 30, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
One final call to vote propelled Jamie Benn to the November 22-28 goal of the week.
Nov 29, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Who scored the goal of the week for November 22-28: Jody Shelley, Jamie Benn, Dany Heatley, Alexander Semin, Jason Spezza, Lee Stempniak or Taylor Hall?
Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 AM EDT
We’ve got a major soft spot for when an enforcer gets a goal. When the enforcer dekes and scores? You better believe it’s the goal of the night.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)