Sep 22, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Pierre–Luc Letourneau-Leblond will sit out the rest of the preseason (four games) and the Flames’ season opener against the Pittsburgh Penguins because of his illegal hit from behind on Canucks forward Matt Clackson.
Sep 22, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
Speculation increases about the possible length of Jody Shelley’s suspension as the Flyers forward decided to waive his right for an in-person interview on the matter.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:27 AM EST
Jody Shelley could be the first person that new NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan gets to discipline after Shelley’s horrible hit from behind on Toronto’s Darryl Boyce.
Mar 6, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
We take a deeper look at today’s NBC Game of the Week between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers.
Feb 14, 2011, 7:13 PM EST
The Maple Leafs continue to clean house for their rebuild and sent Kris Versteeg to Philadelphia for a pair of 2011 draft picks. Question now is, who sits down in Philly or is there another move coming.
Jan 27, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
While we’re busy figuring out who we think Team Staal and Team Lidstrom will have on their rosters, a pair of Flyers enforcers choose up their own all-star fighting squads.
Jan 13, 2011, 7:37 PM EST
A December 9th concussion might keep Derek “The Boogeyman” Boogaard out for the rest of the season, according to the New York Rangers.
Dec 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EST
Right when you think you’ve figured out how the NHL doles out suspensions, think again.
Dec 13, 2010, 12:35 PM EST
The NHL handed Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley a two-game suspension for his hit from behind on Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid
Dec 12, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley could be facing a suspension for his dirty hit from behind on Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid.
Nov 30, 2010, 11:25 PM EST
One final call to vote propelled Jamie Benn to the November 22-28 goal of the week.
Nov 29, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
Who scored the goal of the week for November 22-28: Jody Shelley, Jamie Benn, Dany Heatley, Alexander Semin, Jason Spezza, Lee Stempniak or Taylor Hall?
Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 AM EST
We’ve got a major soft spot for when an enforcer gets a goal. When the enforcer dekes and scores? You better believe it’s the goal of the night.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 3
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)