Dec 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle made a nice first impression with his latest new team.
Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
Give Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford some credit: He can own up to a mistake.
Dec 9, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
The Canadiens might finally be admitting that Andrei Markov won’t be coming back anytime soon..
Dec 6, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
If there’s one team that stands out as a huge loser in realignment, it’s the Carolina Hurricanes.
Nov 30, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
If not, Jim Rutherford says “he won’t be in Carolina long.” What about Rutherford’s performance, though?
Nov 28, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
Check out a press conference with Muller and GM Jim Rutherford.
Nov 28, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
New ‘Canes bench boss has history with the club and staff.
Nov 28, 2011, 10:17 AM EDT
It’s not safe to be a coach today as Paul Maurice is out in Carolina.
Nov 18, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
If the Hurricanes don’t jump out against Buffalo tonight in Raleigh, this could be the last time we see Paul Maurice behind the bench for Carolina.
Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Jim Rutherford says that major changes aren’t coming for Carolina today. Perhaps after their game on Friday night then?
Nov 17, 2011, 9:26 AM EDT
Things are getting worse in Carolina and after things went so well last year, it might be time for a shakeup now.
Nov 16, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Something’s gotta give soon.
Nov 8, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes need to turn things around soon, according to GM Jim Rutherford.
Nov 7, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Could the Carolina Hurricanes have changes on the way? Jim Rutherford says the players better put it together or else there will be.
Nov 3, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Majority owner Peter Karmanos Jr. will have a lot of company in the boardroom.
Oct 5, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
Last year, Justin Faulk was helping Minnesota-Duluth win a national championship. This year, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says he’s a top-four defenseman.
Oct 2, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Hurricanes ended their last season with a crushing loss to the Lightning. Can they avoid missing the playoffs for a third consecutive year in 2011-12?
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
It’s unclear if 2011′s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
Sep 5, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says there will be open competition for two forward spots in camp. Let the games begin.
Jul 13, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
Carolina is doing things through their youth and development program and re-signing the improving Brandon Sutter shows how they’ve been successful at doing it.
Jul 5, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
Carolina and Boston made a set of moves that will have them intermingled in talk all offseason as the Hurricanes signed Tomas Kaberle to a three-year, $12.75 million deal and then traded Joe Corvo to Boston for a fourth round pick.
Carolina re-signs Chad LaRose to two-year deal; Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen ready to hit free agency?
Jun 29, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Carolina is keeping part of the band together re-signing Chad LaRose. Whether they’ll be able to bring back Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen is another question.
Jun 7, 2011, 12:57 PM EDT
The Hurricanes added Dave Lewis to its coaching staff, while promoting Ron Francis and Rod Brind’Amour within their organization. They also moved Tom Rowe to a scouting position on a busy day of front office tweaks.
Mar 4, 2011, 7:22 PM EDT
Only a few weeks ago, the rumors around the league were that Carolina was going to be a seller at the deadline. Fast-forward to today and see that not only did the Hurricanes add a couple of players to the mix, but both Erik Cole and Joni Pitkanen are still members of their club.
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 1
- NHL reschedules Blue Jackets-Stars game halted by Peverley collapse to April 9 0
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 7
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)