Dec 10, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
Tomas Kaberle made a nice first impression with his latest new team.
Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
Give Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford some credit: He can own up to a mistake.
Dec 9, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
The Canadiens might finally be admitting that Andrei Markov won’t be coming back anytime soon..
Dec 6, 2011, 11:13 AM EST
If there’s one team that stands out as a huge loser in realignment, it’s the Carolina Hurricanes.
Nov 30, 2011, 10:54 PM EST
If not, Jim Rutherford says “he won’t be in Carolina long.” What about Rutherford’s performance, though?
Nov 28, 2011, 8:19 PM EST
Check out a press conference with Muller and GM Jim Rutherford.
Nov 28, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
New ‘Canes bench boss has history with the club and staff.
Nov 28, 2011, 10:17 AM EST
It’s not safe to be a coach today as Paul Maurice is out in Carolina.
Nov 18, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
If the Hurricanes don’t jump out against Buffalo tonight in Raleigh, this could be the last time we see Paul Maurice behind the bench for Carolina.
Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Jim Rutherford says that major changes aren’t coming for Carolina today. Perhaps after their game on Friday night then?
Nov 17, 2011, 9:26 AM EST
Things are getting worse in Carolina and after things went so well last year, it might be time for a shakeup now.
Nov 16, 2011, 3:33 PM EST
Something’s gotta give soon.
Nov 8, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes need to turn things around soon, according to GM Jim Rutherford.
Nov 7, 2011, 10:23 AM EST
Could the Carolina Hurricanes have changes on the way? Jim Rutherford says the players better put it together or else there will be.
Nov 3, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
Majority owner Peter Karmanos Jr. will have a lot of company in the boardroom.
Oct 5, 2011, 3:06 PM EST
Last year, Justin Faulk was helping Minnesota-Duluth win a national championship. This year, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says he’s a top-four defenseman.
Oct 2, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
The Hurricanes ended their last season with a crushing loss to the Lightning. Can they avoid missing the playoffs for a third consecutive year in 2011-12?
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
It’s unclear if 2011′s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
Sep 5, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says there will be open competition for two forward spots in camp. Let the games begin.
Jul 13, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
Carolina is doing things through their youth and development program and re-signing the improving Brandon Sutter shows how they’ve been successful at doing it.
Jul 5, 2011, 5:23 PM EST
Carolina and Boston made a set of moves that will have them intermingled in talk all offseason as the Hurricanes signed Tomas Kaberle to a three-year, $12.75 million deal and then traded Joe Corvo to Boston for a fourth round pick.
Carolina re-signs Chad LaRose to two-year deal; Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen ready to hit free agency?
Jun 29, 2011, 1:41 PM EST
Carolina is keeping part of the band together re-signing Chad LaRose. Whether they’ll be able to bring back Erik Cole and Jussi Jokinen is another question.
Jun 7, 2011, 12:57 PM EST
The Hurricanes added Dave Lewis to its coaching staff, while promoting Ron Francis and Rod Brind’Amour within their organization. They also moved Tom Rowe to a scouting position on a busy day of front office tweaks.
Mar 4, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
Only a few weeks ago, the rumors around the league were that Carolina was going to be a seller at the deadline. Fast-forward to today and see that not only did the Hurricanes add a couple of players to the mix, but both Erik Cole and Joni Pitkanen are still members of their club.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 28
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 88
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 100
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (100)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (100)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)