Aug 16, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Despite new owners, financial woes continue.
Aug 16, 2013, 8:28 AM EDT
That and all the links to start your day just inside.
Jun 28, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
New Jersey’s finances are under fire.
Jun 28, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
He’s optimistic about their future.
Nov 16, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
Jeff Vanderbeek “essentially saved” East Side High’s hockey season.
Aug 7, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Jeff Vanderbeek can sympathize with Greg Jamison.
Jun 18, 2012, 9:07 AM EDT
The clock is ticking for Jeff Vanderbeek to get his house in order.
May 30, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
As for Devils ownership….
Apr 13, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Jeff Vanderbeek said he should have listened to his friends.
Apr 7, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
The Jeff Vanderbeek vs. Cory Booker saga continues…
After calling Devils owner “high-class huckster”, Newark mayor says he was denied Springsteen tickets
Apr 6, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
Acrimony reaches new heights in New Jersey.
Jan 28, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Ownership strife is causing the Devils to have some off-ice issues.
Jan 13, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Zach Parise is without a contract for next season.
Nov 22, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
The Devils are in need of someone to save them from their debts and Nelson Peltz might just be that guy.
Nov 4, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
According to Forbes, the New Jersey Devils are about to join the Dallas Stars in one of the worst ways possible.
Sep 24, 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
The New York Post reports that Devils co-owner Ray Chambers paid $25 million to give his 47 percent share of the team to fellow co-owner Jeff Vanderbeek. This gives Vanderbeek a 94 percent share in the Devils, which won’t clean up all of their messes but at least will give them a unified vision.
Sep 13, 2011, 9:24 PM EDT
It’s true that the Devils were unable to pay lenders the $100 million they owed creditors by September 1. But not matter what happens, they’ll have until June to figure out a way to pay.
Sep 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
The Devils released a statement refuting much of what The New York Post reported about their financial troubles.
Sep 12, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
A New York Post report indicates that the Devils could face bankruptcy after defaulting on a $100 million loan.
Feb 1, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Making sense of the Devils sale news from earlier today, owner Jeff Vanderbeek is not the guy involved in things.
Feb 1, 2011, 1:28 PM EDT
On the latter half of a miserable 2010-11 season, Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek is reportedly looking to sell the team.
Dec 23, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Click “Read More” to find out how highest paid player Ilya Kovalchuk, team captain Jamie Langenbrunner and Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek reacted to the New Jersey’s decision to replace coach John MacLean with Lou Lamoriello.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)