Aug 16, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Despite new owners, financial woes continue.
Aug 16, 2013, 8:28 AM EDT
That and all the links to start your day just inside.
Jun 28, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
New Jersey’s finances are under fire.
Jun 28, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
He’s optimistic about their future.
Nov 16, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
Jeff Vanderbeek “essentially saved” East Side High’s hockey season.
Aug 7, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Jeff Vanderbeek can sympathize with Greg Jamison.
Jun 18, 2012, 9:07 AM EDT
The clock is ticking for Jeff Vanderbeek to get his house in order.
May 30, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
As for Devils ownership….
Apr 13, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Jeff Vanderbeek said he should have listened to his friends.
Apr 7, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
The Jeff Vanderbeek vs. Cory Booker saga continues…
After calling Devils owner “high-class huckster”, Newark mayor says he was denied Springsteen tickets
Apr 6, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
Acrimony reaches new heights in New Jersey.
Jan 28, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Ownership strife is causing the Devils to have some off-ice issues.
Jan 13, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Zach Parise is without a contract for next season.
Nov 22, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
The Devils are in need of someone to save them from their debts and Nelson Peltz might just be that guy.
Nov 4, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
According to Forbes, the New Jersey Devils are about to join the Dallas Stars in one of the worst ways possible.
Sep 24, 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
The New York Post reports that Devils co-owner Ray Chambers paid $25 million to give his 47 percent share of the team to fellow co-owner Jeff Vanderbeek. This gives Vanderbeek a 94 percent share in the Devils, which won’t clean up all of their messes but at least will give them a unified vision.
Sep 13, 2011, 9:24 PM EDT
It’s true that the Devils were unable to pay lenders the $100 million they owed creditors by September 1. But not matter what happens, they’ll have until June to figure out a way to pay.
Sep 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
The Devils released a statement refuting much of what The New York Post reported about their financial troubles.
Sep 12, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
A New York Post report indicates that the Devils could face bankruptcy after defaulting on a $100 million loan.
Feb 1, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Making sense of the Devils sale news from earlier today, owner Jeff Vanderbeek is not the guy involved in things.
Feb 1, 2011, 1:28 PM EDT
On the latter half of a miserable 2010-11 season, Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek is reportedly looking to sell the team.
Dec 23, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
Click “Read More” to find out how highest paid player Ilya Kovalchuk, team captain Jamie Langenbrunner and Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek reacted to the New Jersey’s decision to replace coach John MacLean with Lou Lamoriello.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)