Sep 13, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner accomplished more than most rookies last season. An all-star appearance, 31 goals, 63 points, and a Calder Trophy. Next on the “to-do” list: a playoff berth.
Sep 12, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins didn’t light up the scoreboard against Canucks prospects last night, but his playmaking skills and vision left a good impression on Oilers brass.
Sep 5, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says there will be open competition for two forward spots in camp. Let the games begin.
Aug 9, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
You came here looking for the Whalers, but please stick around for the Hurricanes. Just cue up the “Brass Bonanza” while reading this is all.
Jul 30, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
Gary Roberts discusses how an intense fitness regimen helped him play in the NHL until he was 43 and his post-NHL career as a strength and conditioning coach.
Jul 13, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
Carolina is doing things through their youth and development program and re-signing the improving Brandon Sutter shows how they’ve been successful at doing it.
Jun 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner’s killer first NHL season is capped off by a spot on the NHL’s All-Rookie Team. His fellow Calder Trophy nominees also joined him in the honors.
Jun 22, 2011, 8:24 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner was a boy amongst men playing like Superman and took home the Calder Trophy as the league’s rookie of the year.
Jun 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The PHT staff makes the cases for Logan Couture, Jeff Skinner, and Michael Grabner for the 2011 Calder Trophy.
Apr 19, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
With an outstanding group of rookies available this year, the finalists for the Calder Trophy turned out to be pro offense all the way. Who got snubbed though?
Apr 9, 2011, 2:39 AM EDT
After a wild night in the Eastern Conference, the Sabres clinch a playoff spot, the Penguins clinch home-ice advantage in the first round, and the idle Capitals clinch the #1 seed in the East.
Apr 1, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
The NHL named James Reimer as the Rookie of the Month for March.
Mar 31, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Here are summaries of the three games in the Eastern Conference on Wednesday night and what it meant for the playoff picture.
Mar 29, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
A busy night in the Eastern Conference saw Buffalo unable to gain ground and allowed Toronto and Carolina to sneak back a little bit closer to the eighth spot.
Feb 2, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s been a good January for Jeff Skinner. He was a rookie team selection, then an All-Star Game injury replacement, and now he’s the rookie of the month.
Feb 1, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
If you’re the type to knock on hockey being played in the south, the experience in Raleigh for All-Star weekend proved that those insults can start going away now.
Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Carolina’s Jeff Skinner is the newest all-star named to the team today. He’s also now the youngest all-star of all time.
Jeff Skinner and Paul Stastny added to All-Star Game roster, P.K. Subban and Jamie McBain join SuperSkills contest
Jan 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Paul Stastny and Jeff Skinner have been added to the All-Star Game’s roster pool while P.K. Subban and Jamie McBain will appear in Saturday’s SuperSkills competition.
Jan 23, 2011, 12:34 AM EDT
A report out tonight says Sidney Crosby will be skipping the All-Star Game after missing the last two weeks thanks to a concussion. So who takes his spot in the game?
Jan 8, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
There were a lot of great goals last night, but Patrick Kane’s game of take away and nice shot earned him the December 7th goal of the night.
Dec 2, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT
And the NHL’s rookie of the month for November is… Flyers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky.
Nov 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were some great goals on Friday, but Jamie Benn’s shorthanded score tops them all.
Nov 10, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Which rookies look like their ahead of the pack so far in the Calder Trophy race? Check out this post to find out.
Nov 3, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
The Hurricanes apparently decided to bump their rookie forward Jeff Skinner up to the top line with Eric Staal.
Oct 28, 2010, 6:39 PM EDT
Should Carolina Hurricanes top pick Jeff Skinner stay in the NHL, or should he head back to junior hockey for more seasoning?
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)