Jan 25, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
Who will go No. 1? Will Phil Kessel be Mr. Irrelevant again? PHT answers those questions and more…
Jan 18, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
You probably don’t want to be caught reaching for pucks when Orpik is around.
Jan 18, 2012, 7:13 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau would like you to get to know his goalie. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
He hasn’t played since December 7.
Jan 13, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
The reigning rookie of the year has been out over a month with a concussion.
Jan 11, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Carolina’s heartthrob is almost ready to get back to playing games.
Jan 2, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
Carolina’s top player is getting closer to returning to action.
Dec 26, 2011, 6:23 PM EDT
Jussi Jokinen hasn’t scored in 15 games. That’s a long time.
Dec 21, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Three (News) Stars of the Week: Bryzgalov makes us think, Bolland makes Vancouver mad, and concussions make the NHL…woozy?
Dec 16, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
Thanks for the page views, news stars.
Dec 15, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
The question is: how far should they go?
Dec 14, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
That’s a big list.
Dec 11, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Hurricanes sophomore sensation hasn’t played since getting nailed by Edmonton’s Andy Sutton.
Dec 8, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Bernie Parent is taking his appearance in the Winter Classic Alumni Game seriously. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:26 PM EDT
Skinner scores on a sensational, smooth, spin-o-rama. Poor Kimmo Timonen.
Nov 8, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Devils look to keep rolling without Ilya Kovalchuk while the Hurricanes come in a desperate team. Hello, drama!
Nov 7, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Could the Carolina Hurricanes have changes on the way? Jim Rutherford says the players better put it together or else there will be.
Nov 2, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
The Hurricanes will be out of “The Juice” for the next 3-4 weeks with a leg injury. We’re sure it’s listed as a lower body injury though.
Oct 14, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes started their 4-game road trip with an impressive win against the new-look Buffalo Sabres. Say it with me: special teams are important.
Oct 11, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
Carolina’s young phenom Jeff Skinner is looking to avoid the sophomore slump and get the Canes to the playoffs as he shares with NBC’s Bill Patrick.
Oct 5, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
Last year, Justin Faulk was helping Minnesota-Duluth win a national championship. This year, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says he’s a top-four defenseman.
Oct 2, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Hurricanes ended their last season with a crushing loss to the Lightning. Can they avoid missing the playoffs for a third consecutive year in 2011-12?
Sep 27, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Chances are you haven’t heard much about Carolina’s Zac Dalpe. If his performance in training camp carries over to the regular season, you might be hearing a lot about him.
Sep 22, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
The Hurricanes handed GM Jim Rutherford a four-year contract extension today.
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
It’s unclear if 2011’s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 7
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 22
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 16
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)