Dec 15, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
The question is: how far should they go?
Dec 14, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
That’s a big list.
Dec 11, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Hurricanes sophomore sensation hasn’t played since getting nailed by Edmonton’s Andy Sutton.
Dec 8, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Bernie Parent is taking his appearance in the Winter Classic Alumni Game seriously. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:26 PM EDT
Skinner scores on a sensational, smooth, spin-o-rama. Poor Kimmo Timonen.
Nov 8, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Devils look to keep rolling without Ilya Kovalchuk while the Hurricanes come in a desperate team. Hello, drama!
Nov 7, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Could the Carolina Hurricanes have changes on the way? Jim Rutherford says the players better put it together or else there will be.
Nov 2, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
The Hurricanes will be out of “The Juice” for the next 3-4 weeks with a leg injury. We’re sure it’s listed as a lower body injury though.
Oct 14, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes started their 4-game road trip with an impressive win against the new-look Buffalo Sabres. Say it with me: special teams are important.
Oct 11, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
Carolina’s young phenom Jeff Skinner is looking to avoid the sophomore slump and get the Canes to the playoffs as he shares with NBC’s Bill Patrick.
Oct 5, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
Last year, Justin Faulk was helping Minnesota-Duluth win a national championship. This year, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says he’s a top-four defenseman.
Oct 2, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Hurricanes ended their last season with a crushing loss to the Lightning. Can they avoid missing the playoffs for a third consecutive year in 2011-12?
Sep 27, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Chances are you haven’t heard much about Carolina’s Zac Dalpe. If his performance in training camp carries over to the regular season, you might be hearing a lot about him.
Sep 22, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
The Hurricanes handed GM Jim Rutherford a four-year contract extension today.
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
It’s unclear if 2011′s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
Sep 13, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner accomplished more than most rookies last season. An all-star appearance, 31 goals, 63 points, and a Calder Trophy. Next on the “to-do” list: a playoff berth.
Sep 12, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins didn’t light up the scoreboard against Canucks prospects last night, but his playmaking skills and vision left a good impression on Oilers brass.
Sep 5, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says there will be open competition for two forward spots in camp. Let the games begin.
Aug 9, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
You came here looking for the Whalers, but please stick around for the Hurricanes. Just cue up the “Brass Bonanza” while reading this is all.
Jul 30, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
Gary Roberts discusses how an intense fitness regimen helped him play in the NHL until he was 43 and his post-NHL career as a strength and conditioning coach.
Jul 13, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
Carolina is doing things through their youth and development program and re-signing the improving Brandon Sutter shows how they’ve been successful at doing it.
Jun 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner’s killer first NHL season is capped off by a spot on the NHL’s All-Rookie Team. His fellow Calder Trophy nominees also joined him in the honors.
Jun 22, 2011, 8:24 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner was a boy amongst men playing like Superman and took home the Calder Trophy as the league’s rookie of the year.
Jun 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The PHT staff makes the cases for Logan Couture, Jeff Skinner, and Michael Grabner for the 2011 Calder Trophy.
Apr 19, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
With an outstanding group of rookies available this year, the finalists for the Calder Trophy turned out to be pro offense all the way. Who got snubbed though?
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)