Aug 29, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Phoenix gets the help up the middle they’re looking for as they trade Lee Stempniak to Calgary for Daymond Langkow.
Aug 16, 2011, 12:41 PM EST
Flames GM Jay Feaster thinks that next year’s Flames will resemble the one that put together a nice second-half run, which is why he didn’t change the team a whole lot. So is Calgary a legitimate contender next season? PHT examines their roster to try to answer that question.
Aug 13, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
Calgary bulked up their defense a little bit more by signing defenseman Scott Hannan to a one-year deal.
Jul 16, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
With a logjam at the forward position, a report indicates that the Flames might need to part ways with struggling winger Niklas Hagman.
Jul 15, 2011, 7:38 PM EST
The Flames brought back Brendan Morrison with a reasonable one-year, $1.25 million deal. PHT takes a quick look at this move in relation to the team’s shaky overall structure.
Jul 2, 2011, 1:12 PM EST
With Brad Richards headed to the New York Rangers, the three teams that failed to land him are now left to figure out what to do next to help them out for next season.
Jun 26, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
After a flurry of big-time trades, it’s time to wonder if there is such thing as an “untradeable contract” anymore.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
Trading Robyn Regehr to Buffalo would open up cap space for the Flames and give the Sabres a much-needed presence on the blueline. It all comes down to Regehr waiving his no-movement clause to make it happen, though.
Jun 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
The Flames and Alex Tanguay are trying to get a deal done. The problem is they’re far apart on value.
Jun 9, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
The Flames are retaining one young blue liner in Brett Carson keeping him around for two more years.
Jun 1, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Jay Feaster era as GM of the Calgary Flames is already off to a rocky start as he was forced to deal 2009 first round pick Tim Erixon to the Rangers because he couldn’t get him signed by the deadline.
May 16, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
The Flames removed the “interim” from Jay Feaster’s job title today, making him the team’s full-fledged GM.
May 16, 2011, 1:34 PM EST
We now know the terms of the new Curtis Glencross deal. The Flames signed the forward to a four-year, $10.2 million contract. Read this post for a salary cap outlook.
Mar 30, 2011, 2:47 PM EST
Daymond Langkow hasn’t played all season after suffering a terrifying injury late last season. He’s now finally ready to resume full practice with the team after more than a year off.
Mar 10, 2011, 9:08 PM EST
The Flames have been one of the best teams since Jay Feaster took over the team on December 28. What’s the secret?
Mar 7, 2011, 8:01 PM EST
Unexpectedly effective Flames center Brendan Morrison will miss at least two or three more weeks with a knee injury.
Feb 4, 2011, 3:59 PM EST
As we speculated before, Calgary Flames veteran Craig Conroy made his retirement official today with a press conference. Don’t worry about him finding a job in a tough economy though; Conroy and the Flames also announced that he would serve as a “special assistant” to GM Jay Feaster. Conroy played 16 seasons and more than…
Flames GM Jay Feaster uncertain about trading overall, but certain that he won’t move Iginla or Regehr
Feb 3, 2011, 8:08 PM EST
Jay Feaster admits it is unclear if the Flames will be a seller during the trade deadline, but could the new GM be overvaluing short term results?
Ales Kotalik clears waivers, sent to AHL’s Abbotsford Heat; Can Jay Feaster clean up Calgary’s mess?
Jan 28, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
To the surprise of just about no one, Ales Kotalik cleared waivers today. Will this be the beginning of a much-needed Flames renovation?
Jan 26, 2011, 5:07 PM EST
Craig Conroy stares at two unsettling choices as the Flames enter the all-star break: either report to the Abbotsford Heat in the AHL or retire from hockey.
Jan 9, 2011, 7:13 PM EST
Flames GM Jay Feaster and Tom Kostopoulos disagree with the league’s decision to suspend Kostopoulos for six games, saying the hit wasn’t illegal. Click “Read More” for the details.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Darryl Sutter stepped down as the Calgary Flames general manager, a role that now immediately belongs to former Tampa Bay Lightning GM Jay Feaster.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)