Jan 12, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
And yes, Alex Ovechkin made it.
Jan 7, 2012, 2:37 PM EST
One guy returns while another one goes out. Such is life in Buffalo.
Jan 3, 2012, 12:44 PM EST
Here are some updates on Jason Pominville, Ville Leino and Brad Boyes.
Dec 29, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Did Pominville make a Weight Watchers joke or something?
Dec 26, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
Plenty of worthy candidates.
Dec 21, 2011, 8:57 AM EST
Losses can get turned around, but playing soft is something else entirely.
Dec 19, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
The Sabres are a little too top-heavy at the moment.
Dec 9, 2011, 11:13 PM EST
Florida is tied for the top spot in the East, so they’ll survive tonight’s OT loss.
Dec 7, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
When Buffalo and Philly get together, you can always bank on sparks flying at some point. This time, Ryan Miller’s got something to prove.
Nov 26, 2011, 2:51 PM EST
You can make it nine for Buffalo. Nine players out of action with injuries that is.
Nov 16, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
Ilya Kovalchuk might be back for New Jersey but the real story could be in goal with a young upstart matching up with a legend.
Nov 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Ryan Getzlaf and Jordin Tootoo get to say hi again after Getzlaf called out Tootoo for what he thinks was less-than-sportsmanlike play. Just another day on the pond for the Morning Skate.
Nov 2, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
Two classic rivals get reacquainted in Buffalo with the Sabres and Flyers both looking to stay strong.
Oct 25, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
Tonight on Versus, Thomas Vanek and his goal-scoring ways look to derail the Lightning and prevent them from winning their third in a row.
Oct 19, 2011, 10:12 PM EST
The Sabres’ hot start to the year has just about everyone with the team looking good. Everyone except Ville Leino that is.
Oct 12, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
The Versus crew of Mike Milbury, Keith Jones, and Liam McHugh break down what makes the Buffalo Sabres the chic pick in the Eastern Conference.
Oct 6, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
The Sabres will head into the season with a new captain in Jason Pominville and an army of alternates to back him up.
Sep 28, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Players and coaches shared mixed reactions to Brendan Shanahan’s first run of suspensions in the 2011 preseason.
Aug 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Sabres GM Darcy Regier says the team is looking to get under the salary cap by making a trade. But who is on the trade block?
Apr 27, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
While the Sabres forced a Game 7 against Philly, the reasons why they ultimately lost out are pretty simple.
Apr 23, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Jason Pominville will be out for Game 6 in Buffalo after getting his leg cut by a skate in Game 5. It’s possible he could be out for longer as well.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Home ice advantage is apparently a joke in the NHL playoffs this year. Speaking of jokes, hey the Flyers goaltending everyone. Those thoughts plus more on Tyler Ennis, David Legwand, and Jordin Tootoo.
Apr 20, 2011, 10:43 PM EST
The Sabres evened things up with Philadelphia in their best-of-seven series all thanks to their Superman in net Ryan Miller.
Apr 11, 2011, 5:32 PM EST
Buffalo and Philadelphia always manage to cross paths in the playoffs and this year is no exception. The Flyers limped into the end of the season while the Sabres are playing great. Oh the drama!
Mar 5, 2011, 4:58 PM EST
The Sabres headed to Philly and got the big win they were looking for thanks to the help from Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek. The Islanders scored a win over the hapless Blues courtesy of Andrew MacDonald.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)