Feb 27, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
The Sabres acquired streaky Blues scorer Brad Boyes in exchange for their 2011 second round pick.
Feb 20, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
In a battle between teams in need of a win, the Capitals come out on top 2-1 over the Sabres in Buffalo.
Nov 1, 2010, 5:37 PM EDT
Finally the Buffalo Sabres have some good news to deal with. After having such a rough start to their season, they can take solace in knowing that injured forward Jason Pominville will be back in the starting lineup on Wednesday night. Pominville has been out with a concussion since being the recipient of a hit…
Oct 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
Jason Pominville’s return to the Buffalo lineup is delayed thanks to failing a post-concussion test.
Oct 20, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Sabres forward Jason Pominville speaks out for the first time since being knocked out of action thanks to a hit by Chicago’s Niklas Hjalmarsson.
Oct 16, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
With Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson coming back tonight from his two-game suspension for his hit from behind on Buffalo Sabres forward Jason Pominville, his return to the ice comes at a rather peculiar time as the Blackhawks face the Sabres once again tonight in Chicago. Revenge is on the mind of many fans and perhaps…
Oct 12, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
The NHL handed down their decisions for James Wisniewski and Niklas Hjalmarsson. So how did two entirely different things lead to the same punishment? Easy, the NHL has goofy values.
Oct 12, 2010, 7:39 PM EDT
The NHL suspended Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson for two games for his hit on Sabres forward Jason Pominville. This times out well enough to get Hjalmarsson back on the ice to play the Sabres again on Saturday. Who’s ready to play the feud?!
Oct 12, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Niklas Hjalmarsson reportedly participated in a hearing with the NHL via a 1pm ET conference call with NHL head of discipline/guy who decides on suspensions Colin Campbell, according to TSN. While the hearing probably already took place, the league might not have a decision regarding a possible suspension until earlier today or perhaps even tomorrow.…
Oct 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
In case you haven’t heard, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson was ejected from tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres after driving a prone Jason Pominville into the boards. As we noted earlier, Pominville left the ice on a stretcher and was diagnosed with a concussion, but also showed signs of consciousness and did not need…
Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres provided a little bit of good news and bad news in regard to Jason Pominville’s status. The good news: not only did Pominville show signs of consciousness when he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, but he reportedly won’t need to go to the hospital. At least not according to…
Oct 11, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
Jason Pominville left the ice on a stretcher but was conscious. Niklas Hjalmarsson was ejected from the game and received a five-minute major penalty. Read more about the hit and tell us if you think it’s suspension-worthy.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)