Dec 30, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Iginla needs two goals for 500 while Alfredsson is one short of 400.
Dec 30, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
At least he gets to use his road rage on the ice. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 29, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Plus four other notable numbers.
Dec 28, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
Betting on how many goalies will finish with a GAA below 2.00. Plus, odds Jarome Iginla gets traded and Erik Karlsson scores the most points of any defenseman.
Dec 12, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
In a related story, Jay Feaster re-iterates he’s not trading him.
Dec 7, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Matt Hackett and Mike Murphy couldn’t have had more opposite kinds of NHL debuts. Coincidentally, neither guy allowed a goal.
Dec 2, 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
For the record, this blogger is wearing pants. TEMPORARILY!
Nov 30, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
In public, at least.
Nov 23, 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
Are there troubled times ahead in Calgary with their captain and coach not agreeing?
Nov 18, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
How much longer does Brent Sutter have in Calgary?
Nov 11, 2011, 8:22 AM EDT
Jarome Iginla wants to see an end to the NHL’s loser point. Everyone thank Jarome Iginla for being awesome.
Nov 9, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward escapes further punishment.
Nov 9, 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
Jarome Iginla has been the face of the Flames for years now but with the outlook bleak in Calgary, could he one day do what Ray Bourque did to get a shot at a Stanley Cup?
Nov 8, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Nick Johnson received a 5-minute major for headbutting and a 10-minute misconduct. But he deserve them?
Nov 3, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Brent Sutter turns back time in the hope of rekindling some old Olli-Iggy magic.
Nov 2, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
The Flames are 4-5-1 and fresh off a whipping at the hands of the Canucks. So you know what comes next…
Oct 26, 2011, 12:58 PM EDT
The idea is that if they score more goals than their opponents, they’ll win more hockey games. Makes sense.
Sep 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
So many possibilities for the Calgary Flames this season. Can they avoid the season-killing slump to finally get back to the playoffs after two straight misses?
Sep 29, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
The Flames will travel a ton of miles this season–so they better take advantage of a long homestand at the beginning of the season. Otherwise, it could be an uphill hill battle for the rest of the year.
Sep 23, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Jarome Iginla has missed several days with back spasms, but the Flames are downplaying concerns about his health.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
While this is by no means a comprehensive look at the issue, here is a recent history (and some interesting articles) revolving around racism in the NHL.
Sep 17, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
Foreboding sign or just first day issues? Jarome Iginla left Calgary’s first-day skate with back spasms.
Aug 30, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla could reach some impressive milestones next season, particularly in Jagr’s case. This post goes deeper to look at other all-time rankings lists, showing why Mike Modano might want to come back for another season after all.
Aug 16, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Flames GM Jay Feaster thinks that next year’s Flames will resemble the one that put together a nice second-half run, which is why he didn’t change the team a whole lot. So is Calgary a legitimate contender next season? PHT examines their roster to try to answer that question.
Aug 13, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
Calgary bulked up their defense a little bit more by signing defenseman Scott Hannan to a one-year deal.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)