Jan 9, 2012, 7:02 AM EST
Bad teams doing bad things. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 8, 2012, 12:42 AM EST
Calgary captain becomes 42nd player in NHL history to do so.
Jan 6, 2012, 1:53 PM EST
Fresh off a major loss in Boston, Flames GM makes a minor move.
Dec 30, 2011, 1:33 PM EST
Iginla needs two goals for 500 while Alfredsson is one short of 400.
Dec 30, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
At least he gets to use his road rage on the ice. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 29, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Plus four other notable numbers.
Dec 28, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
Betting on how many goalies will finish with a GAA below 2.00. Plus, odds Jarome Iginla gets traded and Erik Karlsson scores the most points of any defenseman.
Dec 12, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
In a related story, Jay Feaster re-iterates he’s not trading him.
Dec 7, 2011, 8:10 AM EST
Matt Hackett and Mike Murphy couldn’t have had more opposite kinds of NHL debuts. Coincidentally, neither guy allowed a goal.
Dec 2, 2011, 5:22 PM EST
For the record, this blogger is wearing pants. TEMPORARILY!
Nov 30, 2011, 1:10 PM EST
In public, at least.
Nov 23, 2011, 8:13 AM EST
Are there troubled times ahead in Calgary with their captain and coach not agreeing?
Nov 18, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
How much longer does Brent Sutter have in Calgary?
Nov 11, 2011, 8:22 AM EST
Jarome Iginla wants to see an end to the NHL’s loser point. Everyone thank Jarome Iginla for being awesome.
Nov 9, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Minnesota Wild forward escapes further punishment.
Nov 9, 2011, 8:40 AM EST
Jarome Iginla has been the face of the Flames for years now but with the outlook bleak in Calgary, could he one day do what Ray Bourque did to get a shot at a Stanley Cup?
Nov 8, 2011, 11:48 PM EST
Nick Johnson received a 5-minute major for headbutting and a 10-minute misconduct. But he deserve them?
Nov 3, 2011, 4:22 PM EST
Brent Sutter turns back time in the hope of rekindling some old Olli-Iggy magic.
Nov 2, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
The Flames are 4-5-1 and fresh off a whipping at the hands of the Canucks. So you know what comes next…
Oct 26, 2011, 12:58 PM EST
The idea is that if they score more goals than their opponents, they’ll win more hockey games. Makes sense.
Sep 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
So many possibilities for the Calgary Flames this season. Can they avoid the season-killing slump to finally get back to the playoffs after two straight misses?
Sep 29, 2011, 9:41 PM EST
The Flames will travel a ton of miles this season–so they better take advantage of a long homestand at the beginning of the season. Otherwise, it could be an uphill hill battle for the rest of the year.
Sep 23, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Jarome Iginla has missed several days with back spasms, but the Flames are downplaying concerns about his health.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
While this is by no means a comprehensive look at the issue, here is a recent history (and some interesting articles) revolving around racism in the NHL.
Sep 17, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
Foreboding sign or just first day issues? Jarome Iginla left Calgary’s first-day skate with back spasms.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (150)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)