Aug 22, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Disappointed with demotion last season, 20-year-old will get another shot in September.
Aug 22, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
Has to get his team on the winning track.
Aug 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
They came back to the pack hard last season.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
He does know what the advanced stats say though.
Apr 14, 2014, 7:38 PM EST
He’s spent four seasons behind the bench.
Mar 10, 2014, 8:25 AM EST
That and the rest of the links to start the day ahead.
Feb 22, 2014, 7:34 PM EST
Ryan Strome and Anders Lee, step right up.
Sep 22, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
Barclays Center will be their full-time home in two years.
Apr 1, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
Rebuilding team will stay the course.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:20 AM EST
Truth hits everybody on Long Island.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
Charles Wang still believes in Garth Snow … or at least that’s what he’s saying.
Nov 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Nino Niederreiter is going to be a healthy scratch for the fourth game in a row today. What gives there?
Nov 24, 2011, 12:39 PM EST
Maybe get that cranberry sauce to go.
Nov 23, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
As if seeing Sidney Crosby lighting them up on Monday wasn’t bad enough for the Islanders, Jaromir Jagr returns from his groin injury to try and do the same tonight.
Nov 22, 2011, 2:37 PM EST
GM Garth Snow could pull the trigger if New York doesn’t turn things around quickly.
Nov 21, 2011, 12:54 PM EST
It won’t be Rick DiPietro trying to stop Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Penguins shots tonight. Instead it’s a rookie with all of 40 minutes of experience getting the nod.
Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
The Islanders’ hopes to rise from the ashes this season are looking more like a pipe dream than anything else.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EST
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Oct 15, 2011, 6:42 PM EST
After spending time in the KHL, signing with Detroit, being claimed by the Islanders, and sitting out the rest of last season, Evgeni Nabokov finally returns to NHL ice tonight against the Rangers.
Oct 12, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
We promise you we don’t keep this story on file just in case. Rick DiPietro left practice early after taking a puck in the head.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:59 AM EST
Al Montoya was about the only highlight of the Islanders’ opening night loss. That alone should be good enough reason for him getting the start tonight.
Oct 8, 2011, 10:54 AM EST
When you’ve got Rick DiPietro, Evgeni Nabokov, and Al Montoya to choose from to start the first game of the year, the choice is obvious, isn’t it? Not so fast.
Oct 6, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
While Ryan Strome made the Islanders out of training camp, he’s not likely going to see any action before heading back to junior hockey.
Sep 30, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Steve Staios’ tryout with the New York Islanders must’ve gone pretty well as the team signed him to a one-year deal.
Jul 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EST
After five seasons running the Islanders, Garth Snow is slowly rebuilding the team. Is there reason to have hope on Long Island?
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)