Apr 14, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT
He’s spent four seasons behind the bench.
Mar 10, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day ahead.
Feb 22, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
Ryan Strome and Anders Lee, step right up.
Sep 22, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Barclays Center will be their full-time home in two years.
Apr 1, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Rebuilding team will stay the course.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
Truth hits everybody on Long Island.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Charles Wang still believes in Garth Snow … or at least that’s what he’s saying.
Nov 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Nino Niederreiter is going to be a healthy scratch for the fourth game in a row today. What gives there?
Nov 24, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
Maybe get that cranberry sauce to go.
Nov 23, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
As if seeing Sidney Crosby lighting them up on Monday wasn’t bad enough for the Islanders, Jaromir Jagr returns from his groin injury to try and do the same tonight.
Nov 22, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
GM Garth Snow could pull the trigger if New York doesn’t turn things around quickly.
Nov 21, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
It won’t be Rick DiPietro trying to stop Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Penguins shots tonight. Instead it’s a rookie with all of 40 minutes of experience getting the nod.
Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Islanders’ hopes to rise from the ashes this season are looking more like a pipe dream than anything else.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Oct 15, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
After spending time in the KHL, signing with Detroit, being claimed by the Islanders, and sitting out the rest of last season, Evgeni Nabokov finally returns to NHL ice tonight against the Rangers.
Oct 12, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
We promise you we don’t keep this story on file just in case. Rick DiPietro left practice early after taking a puck in the head.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Al Montoya was about the only highlight of the Islanders’ opening night loss. That alone should be good enough reason for him getting the start tonight.
Oct 8, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
When you’ve got Rick DiPietro, Evgeni Nabokov, and Al Montoya to choose from to start the first game of the year, the choice is obvious, isn’t it? Not so fast.
Oct 6, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
While Ryan Strome made the Islanders out of training camp, he’s not likely going to see any action before heading back to junior hockey.
Sep 30, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Steve Staios’ tryout with the New York Islanders must’ve gone pretty well as the team signed him to a one-year deal.
Jul 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
After five seasons running the Islanders, Garth Snow is slowly rebuilding the team. Is there reason to have hope on Long Island?
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
Apr 12, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Interim head coach Jack Capuano is now just head coach Jack Capuano, the Islanders announced today.
Apr 8, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
When the Isles and Penguins last met on Long Island, it turned into a fight-filled and dirty game with 346 penalty minutes and a 9-3 Islanders win. Don’t expect any of the same fireworks tonight.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Islanders forward Trevor Gillies made his return from his nine game suspension last night. He celebrated it by getting right back to making yet another dirty hit. Colin Campbell, you’ve got a job to do.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 31
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 54
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (54)