Aug 22, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Disappointed with demotion last season, 20-year-old will get another shot in September.
Aug 22, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
Has to get his team on the winning track.
Aug 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
They came back to the pack hard last season.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
He does know what the advanced stats say though.
Apr 14, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT
He’s spent four seasons behind the bench.
Mar 10, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day ahead.
Feb 22, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
Ryan Strome and Anders Lee, step right up.
Sep 22, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Barclays Center will be their full-time home in two years.
Apr 1, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Rebuilding team will stay the course.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
Truth hits everybody on Long Island.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Charles Wang still believes in Garth Snow … or at least that’s what he’s saying.
Nov 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Nino Niederreiter is going to be a healthy scratch for the fourth game in a row today. What gives there?
Nov 24, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
Maybe get that cranberry sauce to go.
Nov 23, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
As if seeing Sidney Crosby lighting them up on Monday wasn’t bad enough for the Islanders, Jaromir Jagr returns from his groin injury to try and do the same tonight.
Nov 22, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
GM Garth Snow could pull the trigger if New York doesn’t turn things around quickly.
Nov 21, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
It won’t be Rick DiPietro trying to stop Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Penguins shots tonight. Instead it’s a rookie with all of 40 minutes of experience getting the nod.
Nov 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Islanders’ hopes to rise from the ashes this season are looking more like a pipe dream than anything else.
Nov 14, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
The Isles are in the basement of the Eastern Conference and Jack Capuano is pretty sick of it. Changes ahoy?
Oct 15, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
After spending time in the KHL, signing with Detroit, being claimed by the Islanders, and sitting out the rest of last season, Evgeni Nabokov finally returns to NHL ice tonight against the Rangers.
Oct 12, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
We promise you we don’t keep this story on file just in case. Rick DiPietro left practice early after taking a puck in the head.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Al Montoya was about the only highlight of the Islanders’ opening night loss. That alone should be good enough reason for him getting the start tonight.
Oct 8, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
When you’ve got Rick DiPietro, Evgeni Nabokov, and Al Montoya to choose from to start the first game of the year, the choice is obvious, isn’t it? Not so fast.
Oct 6, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
While Ryan Strome made the Islanders out of training camp, he’s not likely going to see any action before heading back to junior hockey.
Sep 30, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Steve Staios’ tryout with the New York Islanders must’ve gone pretty well as the team signed him to a one-year deal.
Jul 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
After five seasons running the Islanders, Garth Snow is slowly rebuilding the team. Is there reason to have hope on Long Island?
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)