Sep 29, 2011, 12:55 AM EDT
The last time Anze Kopitar faced the Colorado Avalanche, he broke his ankle in the second period. On Wednesday night, he scored two goals en route to a preseason hat trick.
Sep 28, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Jonas Hiller is showing that everything is back to normal this training camp. But listening to his teammates talk, we never really knew how bad it really was last season…
Sep 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
After suffering a horrific ankle injury towards the end of the regular season last year, Anze Kopitar looks to continue his assent as one of the premier centers in the NHL. Having Mike Richards behind him should make the journey just a little bit easier.
Sep 9, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
Dennis Wideman finally gets on the ice after suffering a hemotoma last season against the Carolina Hurricanes… and we explain what a hematoma is.
Jul 25, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
No one expects Vinny Prospal to make or break the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season next year. But if he can produce decent numbers while playing next to Jeff Carter and Rick Nash for a few months, he could help the team buy time until Kristian Huselius’ mid-season return.
Jul 13, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
After battling ankle and hip injuries last season, Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius has torn a pectoral muscle and will miss 4-6 months.
Apr 8, 2011, 9:57 PM EDT
Dave Bolland showing some signs of progress and skates for the first time since suffering a concussion a month ago against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Apr 6, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
After fearing the worst, the New York Rangers have learned that Ryan Callahan will miss the rest of the season with a fractured leg after blocking a Zdeno Chara slap shot.
Mar 22, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
Justin Williams will miss the rest of the regular season with a dislocated shoulder. The injury takes 3-4 weeks to heal; which would be the end of the 1st round.
Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EDT
Taylor Hall had a goal, assist, and a fight against the Columbus Blue Jackets… and an injury.
Feb 23, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
Just when the Penguins didn’t think anything could get worse, Brooks Orpik had to leave the game against the Sharks in the 1st period after blocking a shot with his hand.
Feb 20, 2011, 1:28 AM EDT
Ryan Suter left Saturday night’s game at the end of the 2nd period with an upper-body injury. Here’s video of the hit that some people in Nashville are taking issue with this evening.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 5
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 16
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (24)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)