Sep 29, 2011, 12:55 AM EDT
The last time Anze Kopitar faced the Colorado Avalanche, he broke his ankle in the second period. On Wednesday night, he scored two goals en route to a preseason hat trick.
Sep 28, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Jonas Hiller is showing that everything is back to normal this training camp. But listening to his teammates talk, we never really knew how bad it really was last season…
Sep 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
After suffering a horrific ankle injury towards the end of the regular season last year, Anze Kopitar looks to continue his assent as one of the premier centers in the NHL. Having Mike Richards behind him should make the journey just a little bit easier.
Sep 9, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
Dennis Wideman finally gets on the ice after suffering a hemotoma last season against the Carolina Hurricanes… and we explain what a hematoma is.
Jul 25, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
No one expects Vinny Prospal to make or break the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season next year. But if he can produce decent numbers while playing next to Jeff Carter and Rick Nash for a few months, he could help the team buy time until Kristian Huselius’ mid-season return.
Jul 13, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
After battling ankle and hip injuries last season, Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius has torn a pectoral muscle and will miss 4-6 months.
Apr 8, 2011, 9:57 PM EDT
Dave Bolland showing some signs of progress and skates for the first time since suffering a concussion a month ago against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Apr 6, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
After fearing the worst, the New York Rangers have learned that Ryan Callahan will miss the rest of the season with a fractured leg after blocking a Zdeno Chara slap shot.
Mar 22, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
Justin Williams will miss the rest of the regular season with a dislocated shoulder. The injury takes 3-4 weeks to heal; which would be the end of the 1st round.
Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EDT
Taylor Hall had a goal, assist, and a fight against the Columbus Blue Jackets… and an injury.
Feb 23, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
Just when the Penguins didn’t think anything could get worse, Brooks Orpik had to leave the game against the Sharks in the 1st period after blocking a shot with his hand.
Feb 20, 2011, 1:28 AM EDT
Ryan Suter left Saturday night’s game at the end of the 2nd period with an upper-body injury. Here’s video of the hit that some people in Nashville are taking issue with this evening.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (76)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)