Oct 28, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
It’s not looking good for Evgeni Nabokov to face off with his former team tomorrow night.
Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
It had been a little too easy for Washington so far this year, hasn’t it? That all changes with Mike Green likely being out tonight.
Oct 27, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Is there a goalie problem in Toronto now? James Reimer is out yet again tonight. Maybe the Leafs should’ve addressed getting a better backup goalie in the summer.
Oct 24, 2011, 7:59 PM EDT
When Chris Pronger is the one screaming in pain, you know something bad just happened. (This post has been updated with video of the injury.)
Oct 24, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
The hits keep coming for Pittsburgh as Zbynek Michalek will miss a month with a broken finger.
Oct 22, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Toronto might have a goalie issue after tonight as James Reimer was knocked out of action after getting dinged in the head by Brian Gionta.
Oct 22, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
Scott Gomez is expected to miss at least a week with what might be a shoulder injury. Meanwhile, Clarke MacArthur will return for the Maple Leafs.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
The thin get thinner in New Jersey as Jacob Josefson could miss up to four months after undergoing surgery on his broken clavicle.
Oct 21, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
Another game against the Sharks, another brutal injury for Devils youngster Jacob Josefson.
Oct 18, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
You can add Tyler Kennedy to the list of the Penguins’ skating wounded as he’s dealing with concussion-like symptoms.
Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Jeff Carter has been one of Columbus’ productive forwards early this year, so it’s fitting that he’s also hurt.
Oct 16, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
There are some things you come to expect in life: Death, taxes, and Ales Hemsky being banged up. Sunrise, sunset…
Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
Here’s hoping that Andy McDonald isn’t suffering from post-concussion syndrome for the second season in a row.
Oct 12, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
We promise you we don’t keep this story on file just in case. Rick DiPietro left practice early after taking a puck in the head.
Oct 12, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Martin Havlat’s hurting shoulder isn’t helping the Sharks win games or their trade with Minnesota.
Oct 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
David Krejci was injured during practice today and could miss the Bruins’ upcoming two-game road trip.
Oct 8, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Chris Campoli was brought into Montreal to be injury insurance for Andrei Markov. Perhaps that position is just cursed as Campoli will be out for months with a leg injury.
Oct 8, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski’s groin issues are putting him back in the press box for today’s game in Europe against the Ducks.
Oct 8, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
Mike Commodore is on IR with a wonky knee so Brendan Smith gets called up from the AHL with time to serve for his head shot on Ben Smith.
Oct 8, 2011, 2:53 AM EDT
Good thing the Sharks brought Thomas Greiss back as an insurance policy. With Antero Niittymaki out and Antti Niemi unable to return for opening night, Greiss will be the man between the pipes for opening night.
Oct 7, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
Dustin Penner’s efforts to redeem himself with Kings fans will be put on hold because he’s expected to miss the Kings’ season-opener against the Rangers this afternoon.
Oct 5, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
Calgary’s depth at center will be tested at the start of the year thanks to youngster Mikael Backlund breaking his finger. So about Matthew Stajan being in the doghouse…
Oct 4, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
While they await MRI results, the Lightning placed aging defenseman Mattias Ohlund on the injured reserve.
Oct 1, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like his back problems are too serious, but the Red Wings decided to keep Pavel Datsyuk out of the team’s last two preseason games this weekend.
Sep 29, 2011, 4:11 PM EDT
Nazem Kadri will miss 2-4 weeks of action which means one prospect will give way to another prospect when the Leafs start the year.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 50
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)