Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
It’s a full blown injury epidemic in Detroit as Tomas Holmstrom broke his hand in tonight’s 3-2 shootout loss to Columbus.
Colorado’s Ryan O’Reilly taken off on stretcher after going head first into boards against Minnesota
Jan 14, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Scary injury tonight as Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly was taken off the ice on a stretcher after going head first into the boards.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
Remember how injuries were starting to creep up on the Red Wings? They might have a major one to deal with tonight as starting goalie Jimmy Howard leaves the game early.
Jan 9, 2011, 12:03 AM EDT
The injury bug revisits the Red Wings with a vengeance now that Chris Osgood is off to see a specialist about his groin injury.
Jan 7, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
Looking for another reason why hockey players are tougher than normal people? Read on to hear about how long Josh Gorges’ knee has been injured.
Jan 6, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
With Andrei Markov already out of the Habs lineup, now they’ll have to do without defensive stalwart Josh Gorges who will miss the rest of the season after knee surgery.
Rick DiPietro injured again just two days after Isles trade Dwayne Roloson; time to claim Michael Leighton?
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Just two days after the Islanders traded away Dwayne Roloson, oft-injured goalie Rick DiPietro is injured once again. Does that mean that Michael Leighton might be on his way to Long Island?
Dec 30, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
Bad news for the Rangers: Erik Christensen is expected to miss four to six weeks with a sprained right knee.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
What does a struggling team need badly? To lose their top centerman for six weeks with a shoulder injury.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Dec 26, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Bad news for Zach Parise: his original return date of February was overly optimistic. He reportedly won’t even be back on skates until March at the earliest. It begs the question: should they just pull the plug on his season? Click “Read More” for the details.
Dec 21, 2010, 7:20 PM EDT
The Islanders placed Rick DiPietro and Mike Mottau on the injured reserve; Mottau’s season is over.
Dec 18, 2010, 11:54 AM EDT
Rick DiPietro is hurting. Please, hold back on your surprise at this revelation.
Dec 17, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
If you think it’s tough being a goalie in the NHL, being Pascal Leclaire must be nearly impossible.
Dec 17, 2010, 7:11 PM EDT
Leafs starting goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere is out again with a groin injury. Yes, again.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
The Flyers short term success just got a lot harder without defensive leader Chris Pronger.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:48 AM EDT
Chris Pronger missed the third period against Montreal with a lower body injury. Uh oh?
Dec 15, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
While Chris Drury returns to action for the Rangers, they lose Ryan Callahan tonight to a broken hand.
Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens expect to see Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek back in the lineup tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers.
Dec 12, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Pascal Leclaire is banged up again in Ottawa. No, this isn’t a repeat of an old story.
Dec 10, 2010, 5:52 PM EDT
The Leafs defense gets takes a small blow with Mike Komisarek out for the next week to ten days.
Dec 10, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Should Stars fans get a little bit more antsy about Kari Lehtonen’s health now that he’s out for this weekend’s games? Probably not and we’ve got good reasons why.
Dec 8, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
The already thin Bruins defense corps takes another blow as Mark Stuart will be out for some time with a broken hand.
Dec 8, 2010, 2:40 AM EDT
The gutsy yet struggling Oilers suffer yet another injury blow as captain Shawn Horcoff will likely miss the next eight weeks thanks to an MCL injury.
Dec 6, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
Pittsburgh’s Evgeni Malkin is out of the lineup again tonight against New Jersey. Should the Penguins be worried?
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)