Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
It’s a full blown injury epidemic in Detroit as Tomas Holmstrom broke his hand in tonight’s 3-2 shootout loss to Columbus.
Colorado’s Ryan O’Reilly taken off on stretcher after going head first into boards against Minnesota
Jan 14, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
Scary injury tonight as Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly was taken off the ice on a stretcher after going head first into the boards.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:21 PM EST
Remember how injuries were starting to creep up on the Red Wings? They might have a major one to deal with tonight as starting goalie Jimmy Howard leaves the game early.
Jan 9, 2011, 12:03 AM EST
The injury bug revisits the Red Wings with a vengeance now that Chris Osgood is off to see a specialist about his groin injury.
Jan 7, 2011, 4:04 PM EST
Looking for another reason why hockey players are tougher than normal people? Read on to hear about how long Josh Gorges’ knee has been injured.
Jan 6, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
With Andrei Markov already out of the Habs lineup, now they’ll have to do without defensive stalwart Josh Gorges who will miss the rest of the season after knee surgery.
Rick DiPietro injured again just two days after Isles trade Dwayne Roloson; time to claim Michael Leighton?
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
Just two days after the Islanders traded away Dwayne Roloson, oft-injured goalie Rick DiPietro is injured once again. Does that mean that Michael Leighton might be on his way to Long Island?
Dec 30, 2010, 8:15 PM EST
Bad news for the Rangers: Erik Christensen is expected to miss four to six weeks with a sprained right knee.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:04 PM EST
What does a struggling team need badly? To lose their top centerman for six weeks with a shoulder injury.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EST
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Dec 26, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Bad news for Zach Parise: his original return date of February was overly optimistic. He reportedly won’t even be back on skates until March at the earliest. It begs the question: should they just pull the plug on his season? Click “Read More” for the details.
Dec 21, 2010, 7:20 PM EST
The Islanders placed Rick DiPietro and Mike Mottau on the injured reserve; Mottau’s season is over.
Dec 18, 2010, 11:54 AM EST
Rick DiPietro is hurting. Please, hold back on your surprise at this revelation.
Dec 17, 2010, 10:08 PM EST
If you think it’s tough being a goalie in the NHL, being Pascal Leclaire must be nearly impossible.
Dec 17, 2010, 7:11 PM EST
Leafs starting goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere is out again with a groin injury. Yes, again.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:38 PM EST
The Flyers short term success just got a lot harder without defensive leader Chris Pronger.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:48 AM EST
Chris Pronger missed the third period against Montreal with a lower body injury. Uh oh?
Dec 15, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
While Chris Drury returns to action for the Rangers, they lose Ryan Callahan tonight to a broken hand.
Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens expect to see Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek back in the lineup tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers.
Dec 12, 2010, 4:55 PM EST
Pascal Leclaire is banged up again in Ottawa. No, this isn’t a repeat of an old story.
Dec 10, 2010, 5:52 PM EST
The Leafs defense gets takes a small blow with Mike Komisarek out for the next week to ten days.
Dec 10, 2010, 5:13 PM EST
Should Stars fans get a little bit more antsy about Kari Lehtonen’s health now that he’s out for this weekend’s games? Probably not and we’ve got good reasons why.
Dec 8, 2010, 5:05 PM EST
The already thin Bruins defense corps takes another blow as Mark Stuart will be out for some time with a broken hand.
Dec 8, 2010, 2:40 AM EST
The gutsy yet struggling Oilers suffer yet another injury blow as captain Shawn Horcoff will likely miss the next eight weeks thanks to an MCL injury.
Dec 6, 2010, 4:51 PM EST
Pittsburgh’s Evgeni Malkin is out of the lineup again tonight against New Jersey. Should the Penguins be worried?
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 15
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 40
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)