Mar 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Whether the timing works out well or not remains to be seen, but Chris Pronger will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a broken hand.
Mar 11, 2011, 3:38 PM EST
While the Blackhawks and Capitals rarely play against each other, they won’t have the luxury of taking it easy because both teams need every point they can get. The fact that they’re also playing some of their best hockey means Sunday’s Game of the Week could produce some fireworks.
Mar 11, 2011, 12:42 PM EST
Tendon surgery will reportedly end Sam Gagner’s season.
Mar 11, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
An injury-filled season continues for the Blues, as both Alex Steen and Barret Jackman will miss four to six weeks.
Mar 10, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
With the Flyers lead in the Eastern Conference getting smaller, losing Chris Pronger even for a night hurts.
Mar 9, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
As many feared, Max Pacioretty is suffering severe injuries from the ugly hit administered by Zdeno Chara. The Canadiens forward is out indefinitely with a severe concussion and broken vertebrae.
Mar 8, 2011, 9:39 PM EST
Max Pacioretty left the Bruins-Habs game on a stretcher tonight, as Zdeno Chara caught him with a brutal hit in an awkward spot.
Mar 8, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
Injuries and illness are piling up at the wrong time for the Sabres and their push for the playoffs.
Mar 7, 2011, 7:34 PM EST
A long season in Ottawa got that much tougher, as the Senators expect Milan Michalek, Peter Regin and Matt Carkner to miss significant amounts of time with injuries and/or surgeries.
Mar 3, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
A rough season got that much tougher for Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto, as the offensive blueliner is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a fractured finger.
Mar 3, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
Ho, hum: another Ales Hemsky injury. This time it’s a left shoulder ailment that could keep him out 2-3 weeks.
Mar 2, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues placed Vladimir Sobotka on the injured reserve with a left foot injury today.
Mar 1, 2011, 5:16 PM EST
It’s a good thing Montreal picked up Brent Sopel and Paul Mara recently. Jaroslav Spacek is out for the next 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.
Feb 28, 2011, 6:31 PM EST
The Blackhawks defensive depth takes a hit as Jordan Hendry is done for six months after tearing the ACL in his left knee.
Feb 28, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
Timing is everything and Martin Biron couldn’t have broken his collarbone at a worse time.
Feb 26, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
With Semyon Varlamov hurting a little bit, the Caps call on ECHL goalie Todd Ford to back up Michal Neuvirth.
Feb 25, 2011, 10:54 PM EST
The Hurricanes improved their playoff chances with a win against the Penguins tonight, but might be in trouble in the long run considering Eric Staal’s second period injury.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
The Penguins continue to suffer from tough injuries, as the team will reportedly play without hard-hitting defenseman Brooks Orpik for about four weeks.
Feb 22, 2011, 12:06 PM EST
Nicklas Backstrom reportedly suffered a fractured thumb during Monday’s game against the Penguins. The Capitals claim that it is a day-to-day injury.
Feb 20, 2011, 5:01 PM EST
Injury worries flared up during the game when Marian Gaborik did not play for the final two periods in a 4-2 loss to Philadelphia. Turns out Gaborik left the game with a concussion.
Feb 18, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Mikko Koivu left the Wild’s game against the Ducks with a hand injury. Click “Read More” for the details.
Feb 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EST
The Coyotes run in the West is going to get a little harder now with Ed Jovanovski out for a few weeks with a broken orbital bone.
Feb 17, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
Just when you thought the Canucks couldn’t lose any more players on defense to injury, Kevin Bieksa goes down with a broken foot.
Feb 17, 2011, 12:43 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak will be out of the Blues lineup with a hand injury. With the West playoff race being as tight as it is, is it time to count out St. Louis?
Feb 17, 2011, 11:50 AM EST
Derick Brassard’s bad injury luck strikes again putting him on the IR for 2-3 weeks. Bad timing couldn’t be worse for Columbus.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)