Mar 29, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
The post-lockout era has been ravaged by poor netminding and rough luck.
Nov 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Injury-ravaged club limps into Phoenix tonight to take on the Coyotes.
Nov 8, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Andrei Kostitsyn is doubtful for tonight’s game with a lower-body injury.
Oct 12, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Keith Jones thinks that the Canadiens might need a “miracle” to overcome yet another season full of tough injury issues. If nothing else, the team will lean that much more on budding stars Carey Price and P.K. Subban.
Sep 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s been a year since the blockbuster trade that sent Jaroslav Halak to the St Louis Blues. If the Blues want to get to the postseason this year, they’re going to need him to step up his game.
Sep 15, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Sharks released injury updates on Martin Havlat, Antti Niemi, and Antero Niittymaki today. Can someone please tell them that the season hasn’t started yet?
Aug 20, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Ken Gray suggests that the NHL should abolish fighting, head shots and maybe even body contact. Player safety is an important issue, but we must also acknowledge the fact that hockey and violence are inextricably linked.
Jul 14, 2011, 5:00 AM EDT
Chris Pronger is still about three weeks away from being cleared to seriously train for next season. Now there’s word that he may miss the beginning of training camp as well…
Jun 23, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have committed to their oft-injured start defenseman Andrei Markov for the next three seasons. Will he be able to stay healthy?
Jun 17, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis met with the media and explained just how many injuries the Canucks were dealing with in the playoffs.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
Which teams were hit the hardest by injuries and which squads were the healthiest so far this season? This post answers those questions and also studies who rolled with the punches and who took advantage of good fortune.
Mar 18, 2011, 7:10 AM EDT
Could the rest players such as Sidney Crosby, Chris Pronger and Zach Parise gain from being injured actually be a “secret weapon”?
Mar 17, 2011, 1:36 AM EDT
For the second year in a row, the Northwest Division is getting pounded with injuries.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 6
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)