Mar 29, 2012, 9:03 PM EST
The post-lockout era has been ravaged by poor netminding and rough luck.
Nov 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Injury-ravaged club limps into Phoenix tonight to take on the Coyotes.
Nov 8, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
Andrei Kostitsyn is doubtful for tonight’s game with a lower-body injury.
Oct 12, 2011, 10:05 PM EST
Keith Jones thinks that the Canadiens might need a “miracle” to overcome yet another season full of tough injury issues. If nothing else, the team will lean that much more on budding stars Carey Price and P.K. Subban.
Sep 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
It’s been a year since the blockbuster trade that sent Jaroslav Halak to the St Louis Blues. If the Blues want to get to the postseason this year, they’re going to need him to step up his game.
Sep 15, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
The Sharks released injury updates on Martin Havlat, Antti Niemi, and Antero Niittymaki today. Can someone please tell them that the season hasn’t started yet?
Aug 20, 2011, 12:41 PM EST
Ken Gray suggests that the NHL should abolish fighting, head shots and maybe even body contact. Player safety is an important issue, but we must also acknowledge the fact that hockey and violence are inextricably linked.
Jul 14, 2011, 5:00 AM EST
Chris Pronger is still about three weeks away from being cleared to seriously train for next season. Now there’s word that he may miss the beginning of training camp as well…
Jun 23, 2011, 9:41 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens have committed to their oft-injured start defenseman Andrei Markov for the next three seasons. Will he be able to stay healthy?
Jun 17, 2011, 8:44 PM EST
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis met with the media and explained just how many injuries the Canucks were dealing with in the playoffs.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Which teams were hit the hardest by injuries and which squads were the healthiest so far this season? This post answers those questions and also studies who rolled with the punches and who took advantage of good fortune.
Mar 18, 2011, 7:10 AM EST
Could the rest players such as Sidney Crosby, Chris Pronger and Zach Parise gain from being injured actually be a “secret weapon”?
Mar 17, 2011, 1:36 AM EST
For the second year in a row, the Northwest Division is getting pounded with injuries.
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 3
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 14
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 35
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 41
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 50
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)